liss with bjj

immanurse

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
i roll mon-wed-fri and do 1.5 hours of liss sun-tues-thurs. current rhr is 65-60 bpm. was at 57 saturday. been as low as 55.

i can switch this to bjj training monday-friday with liss on sunday, if need be. my goal is to become better at bjj. BUT i also want a better gas tank, in general.

is this counter-intuitive? will the hard rolls from bjj negate the effects of cardiac output training? thanks in advance.

Last edited:
i roll mon-wed-fri and do 1.5 hours of liss sun-tues-thurs. current rhr is 65-60 bpm. was at 57 saturday. been as low as 55.

i can switch this to bjj training monday-friday with liss on sunday, if need be. my goal is to become better at bjj. BUT i also want a better gas tank, in general.

is this counter-intuitive? will the hard rolls from bjj negate the effects of cardiac output training? thanks in advance.
The hard rolls will compliment it if anything. Dont worry about it.

1.5 hours is really long. If you are newer to the sport i think maybe you should do 4-5 days of bjj and 1-2 days of conditioning.

Perhaps conditioning right after jiujitsu if you don’t have time

When it comes to LISS how much time you have is most important. An hour of walking around the neighbourhood (perhaps with a hardy/exercise loving pup) a day will provide good complimentary cardio/active recovery for your high intensity bjj sessions.

If someone didn't do bjj I'd recommend weight lifting and skipping for some strength/high intensity cardio to go along with the LISS.

As long as you're using low-impact means, timing doesn't matter much. It should be enhancing recovery from BJJ unless you're a bigger guy and exclusively using running. Race pace stuff and intervals is the stuff where you have to worry about timing and distribution of stressors.

Definately complimentary

You'll eventually feel quick to recover in between rounds and you'll feel yourself being able to go for a longer time.

Back