John Wick Spinoff BALLERINA (Update - Ana de Armas to Star; Len Wiseman to Direct)

I got scared a little and thought the lead will be the mute girl that Wick took out.

Since nope then I'm okay let them have at it.. Wick ain't this omfg thing just some action, nice visuals, decent universe, gun fu and of course the charismatic lead that makes or brakes this type of movies.

So John Wick but with a chick, who cares, if it doesnt have The Reeves what it could possibly ammount to

Pretty much how I feel at this point. It may be good, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

hanna.jpg

Hanna wrecks both of those. Come at me.

<{monica}>

This dude..

@Myrddin Wild

Once again have at him @Myrddin Wild :D
Lol... what did I ever do to you that you want female Rambo to shoot me? Don't make me add water to the whoop ass powder & bring teh smack down :cool:

200.gif

I haven't seen Atomic Blonde yet.

that said... I would find it hard to believe they can match the character depth of Kill Bill, & outstanding story telling. Also unique to kill bill was different Genre's of story telling within the same movie such as spaghetti western, Kung Fu, horror etc.... Typically a movie picks only one of those themes, so I found it pretty clever that he mixed it up like that.

Anyway, all that said, Atomic Blonde seems pretty cool from the previews & should be fun to watch. For some reason the movie name makes me cringe a bit... but I'll forget about that once I sit to watch.

Last edited:
Long Kiss Goodnight and Kill Bill were the only decent action films with female leads... I have no faith and will refuse to acknowledge this as been part of the John Wick universe !

Lol... what did I ever do to you that you want female Rambo to shoot me? Don't make me add water to the whoop ass powder & bring teh smack down :cool:

200.gif

I haven't seen Atomic Blonde yet.

that said... I would find it hard to believe they can match the character depth of Kill Bill, & outstanding story telling. Also unique to kill bill was different Genre's of story telling within the same movie such as spaghetti western, Kung Fu, horror etc.... Typically a movie picks only one of those themes, so I found it pretty clever that he mixed it up like that.

Anyway, all that said, Atomic Blonde seems pretty cool from the previews & should be fun to watch. For some reason the movie name makes me cringe a bit... but I'll forget about that once I sit to watch.

You like Rambo, you have that reported Rambo shoop gif. :D

And no way female Rambo just the original so I called you down on him to report him with the proper gif.

On the Kill Bill thing that's a masterpiece with multiple flavors ain't no one touching that anytime soon.

You like Rambo, you have that reported Rambo shoop gif. :D

And no way female Rambo just the original so I called you down on him to report him with the proper gif.

On the Kill Bill thing that's a masterpiece with multiple flavors ain't no one touching that anytime soon.
Oh... haha..... I totally missed my cue... I'm on it!!!!

Long Kiss Goodnight and Kill Bill were the only decent action films with female leads... I have no faith and will refuse to acknowledge this as been part of the John Wick universe !

La Femme Nikita, the remake Point of No Return, Aliens, and Underworld. Plenty of room for a female action lead as long as it's well made. Total support because it's going to piss off a lot of little boys who are scared of pussy. If it sucks, it'll suck because the script is bad and the action is weak, not because the lead is a female.

The sequel did introduce a lot of depth to the assassin culture that does seem ripe for a wider universe so I could see it working, depends a lot on the lead of course, Reeves might not be the best speaker in the world but he has gravitas to him these days and was able to do most of the action himself.

La Femme Nikita, the remake Point of No Return, Aliens, and Underworld. Plenty of room for a female action lead as long as it's well made. Total support because it's going to piss off a lot of little boys who are scared of pussy. If it sucks, it'll suck because the script is bad and the action is weak, not because the lead is a female.

Aliens sucked and were more sci-fi crap than proper action..i can't believe you mentioned Underworld <45>little boy lol... Didn't watch the others as there's no Samuel Jackson or Quentin Tarentino.

Aliens sucked and were more sci-fi crap than proper action..i can't believe you mentioned Underworld <45>little boy lol... Didn't watch the others as there's no Samuel Jackson or Quentin Tarentino.

I'll take the Underworld slagging and that was a bit of a stretch (90 mins of Kate Beckinsale in a tight leather body suit clouds the mind!) but Aliens is a top 5 GOAT action movie and shits all over more than a few male lead action movies. More sci-fi than action? I guess Predator doesn't count since more than half of that movie is basically horror.

<DisgustingHHH>

I'll take the Underworld slagging and that was a bit of a stretch (90 mins of Kate Beckinsale in a tight leather body suit clouds the mind!) but Aliens is a top 5 GOAT action movie and shits all over more than a few male lead action movies. More sci-fi than action? I guess Predator doesn't count since more than half of that movie is basically horror.

<DisgustingHHH>

Arguably Terminator 2 and Fury Road as well, men might have been the nominal lead but the female character was clearly the bigger role. The Force Awakens was pretty mediocre granted but I felt Rogue One was excellent and the best SW since the originals, maybe since Empire Strikes Back.

Perhaps if your going for something hyper macho like Predator or the Rambo sequels you could argue male leads work better but ironically I actually tend to think if your looking beyond that and want something with more depth female leads work better in blockbusters. The nature of action blockbusters does I think make for more emotional shorthand than a serious drama where the gender of the lead matters less(besides the specifics of the story of course). Your trading more on expectations and its arguably easier to sell a female character moving from vulnerability to strength(or vice versa). You look at the films mentioned above and the female characters shift between ass kicking and emotional breakdown several times in each with the films stronger for it.

The deal marks the first sale for Shay Hatten, a 23-year-old scribe who idolizes Shane Black (Lethal Weapon) and is currently working as a writer's assistant for Robert Downey Jr.’s production company, Team Downey. Hatten has been on an upward Hollywood trajectory since graduating from Loyola Marymount’s School of Film and Television in 2016. He snagged an internship at Team Downey while writing a black comedy script, Maximum King!, in his spare time, and that script led to representation at CAA and ended up on last year’s Black List and Blood List. Hatten was then upped by Downey to writer's assistant, providing script notes and coverage on the company's many projects while tackling what would become Ballerina on nights and weekends.
Oh that guy's gay.

Will watch, its always cute when women try to act tough

I think it’s absolutely ridiculous to complain about this movie.

It’s only one part of the expanding John Wick universe. On top of the next movie proper, they’re also planning a spin-off TV show and a comic book. The fact that one of them has a female lead is inconsequential. Anyone stupid enough to complain because 1 out of 3 projects has a female lead is too stupid to value their opinion.

Especially since female assassins have been part of the setting since the very first movie.

The only thing that worries me about this is that it started off as an unrelated project. rather than being written from the get-go as a part of the John Wick universe. It's going to require extensive re-writing.

Back