Lion Fights 14: Cris Cyborg VS Jorina Baars & Choplin VS Pique 10PM AXS TV DISCUSSION

Yep.
Considering the experience discrepancy in MT she didn't do badly at all.

This isn't good for her image as an unstoppable wrecking machine tho. She really looked hurt there, especially in the first round. Unfortunately this will probably be seen more as a discredit to Cyborg than a credit to Baars, since most don't know much about Jorina (except her not so impressive MMA record :rolleyes:). Her babyface look doesn't exactly help much either...

would any of the female ufc even last two rounds with jorina?

Good on cyborg for taking it, lasting, and good on jorina for showing skills and outclassing.

would any of the female ufc even last two rounds with jorina?
Well, I guess Germaine de Randamie probably could.
None of the others tho.

Thinking about it...why have Randamie and Baars never fought each other (in MT/KB)?
They are both undefeated, both from the Netherland, both about the same size... ???

Good on cyborg for taking it, lasting, and good on jorina for showing skills and outclassing.
Yup.

I am just glad all the hard training with Jorina worked out! :D

the only reason cyborg can keep up with baars without being knocked out is because she's tough and has been on steroids for years.......that dude-chick is just not a natural fighter like Baars.......Cyborg just looks ridiculously manly and owes alot of her succes because of her fysique......she's used to over power her female opponents and she owes alot of that to her roiding

anybody that says something different is delusional.....fighters that rely that much on power and get caught roiding.......well everytime I see them and their fysique........I just can't help but think that the ped's played a huge part in their succes

she's not that technikal either......baars is 10 times the striker that Cyborg is and it showed in that fight

Well, I guess Germaine de Randamie probably could.
None of the others tho.

Thinking about it...why have Randamie and Baars never fought each other (in MT/KB)?
They are both undefeated, both from the Netherland, both about the same size... ???

Yup.

I knew Germaine personally, saw her take her first steps in modified thaiboxing (or just thaiboxing as we called it) and she would have beaten Jorina for sure

all these female fighters fight like females.....even cyborg fights technikaly like a female, the only difference being she has huge power

Germaine fought like a man. The way she moved, the way she punched/kicked/kneed........she only lost as a nieuweling or a c-class fighter (can't remember exactly) but she weighed 72 kilo back then and was 16 or 17 years old.......she never lost a fight since and won all her a-class fights pretty easily

for a belgian tv show she even fought a man. Granted th man had never fought before and was a journalist but it doe ssay something

Jorina is great but she's no Germaine or Lucia Rijker, she's much more of a female fighter instead of just being a fighter

dunno if that makes sense to you

the only reason cyborg can keep up with baars without being knocked out is because she's tough and has been on steroids for years.......that dude-chick is just not a natural fighter like Baars.......Cyborg just looks ridiculously manly and owes alot of her succes because of her fysique......she's used to over power her female opponents and she owes alot of that to her roiding

anybody that says something different is delusional.....fighters that rely that much on power and get caught roiding.......well everytime I see them and their fysique........I just can't help but think that the ped's played a huge part in their succes

she's not that technikal either......baars is 10 times the striker that Cyborg is and it showed in that fight
agreed brock, very pleased Jorina won and never quite understood all the love cyborgs had.

I knew Germaine personally, saw her take her first steps in modified thaiboxing (or just thaiboxing as we called it) and she would have beaten Jorina for sure

all these female fighters fight like females.....even cyborg fights technikaly like a female, the only difference being she has huge power

Germaine fought like a man. The way she moved, the way she punched/kicked/kneed........she only lost as a nieuweling or a c-class fighter (can't remember exactly) but she weighed 72 kilo back then and was 16 or 17 years old.......she never lost a fight since and won all her a-class fights pretty easily

for a belgian tv show she even fought a man. Granted th man had never fought before and was a journalist but it doe ssay something

Jorina is great but she's no Germaine or Lucia Rijker, she's much more of a female fighter instead of just being a fighter

dunno if that makes sense to you

Well Jorina tried to arrange a fight with her on several occassions but unfortunately it never worked out. It would be a great fight for sure.. but Germaine is and was not that impressive as you say.
Just look at all the troubles Hatice gave her in Utrecht while Jorina just walked over her and that man you say she fought was a TV presenter without any experience... :icon_neut so it says nothing.

Germaine refused to fight Nong Toom (trans sex operation MT fighter), that's the reason Jorina stepped into that fight.
Because.. why would you put your perfect record at risk..

Germaine is very impressive. She has an impressive stance and clean style but I think Germaine would have a troublesome night with Jorina. However will never find out because Germaine didn't want that fight. And in the end Germaine picked a B-class fighter, Lena Buytendijk, to "end her career" with, while Jorina was looking for fights all over the place.

It would be nice if Lion Fight could arrange Germaine - Jorina. It would make sense because Germaine's MMA career is not very flourishing.

I might be as biased about Jorina as you are about Germaine but in my opinion Jorina is a bigger fighter as she never refused an opponent and always willing to fight anyone.

i think this fight should settle the kickboxing mma debate, they're completely different. cyborg is the #1 featherweight and arguably #1 p4p female fighter in mma, and baars is 1-3 in MMA.

came in here to post this. i remember those threads about anderson taking names in k-1 or whatever. how could a fighter that has to split their time between all the disciplines hope to have a chance against a fighter that only has to concentrate on one? there are only so many hours in the day.

im less than 2 mins into watching the first round and cris has been dropped twice already.

Baars won the fight but the scores were ridiculous it she clearly won but not by much Cyborg would have needed to kill her to win this fight

Baars won the fight but the scores were ridiculous it she clearly won but not by much Cyborg would have needed to kill her to win this fight

your right, well cyborg would of needed to ko her to win...but only as she throws so little mt scoring technique....that said its not like lionfight score their fights properly anyway!

I don't think anyone worth mentioning has ever said Cyborg is a technical striker? Anyway, I feel measuring how technical an MMA fighter's striking is by comparing them to a professional stand up combat fighter in a non MMA fight is rather silly.

I agree about the roiding.

4 gifs:

Cristiane__Justino__vs__Jorina_Baars.gif

Cristiane__Justino__vs__Jorina_Baars_3.gif

Cristiane__Justino__vs__Jorina_Baars_4.gif

Cristiane__Justino__vs__Jorina_Baars_5.gif

you're welcome :icon_chee

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member