Lion being ridden by tourists!

Lol at "volitional consciousness".
Human beings are the only creatures of volitional consciousness. We are the only creatures that can actively and consciously work towards our own destruction, or our own betterment.

Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Human beings are the only creatures of volitional consciousness. We are the only creatures that can actively and consciously work towards our own destruction, or our own betterment.

Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

I don't know what you mean by "work towards our own destruction". Species went extinct long before humans came on the scene. Regarding "our own betterment", I assume you mean moral maturity? Well, obviously humans are the only creatures capable of morality. But I don't see how that's relevant to emotional suffering; a creature can suffer emotional trauma without being a moral agent.

You-eat-meat-so-hush group > you-deserve-death-if-you-hunt group.

I don't think i've actually heard people say that on this board. I think people are generally fine with hunting, as long as it's for food, and it's not some endangered animal.
These people that hunt endangered animals and pose next to them with giant smiles on their faces are psychopaths in training--I'm more than ok with some jungle vengeance for them.

I don't think i've actually heard people say that on this board. I think people are generally fine with hunting, as long as it's for food, and it's not some endangered animal.
These people that hunt endangered animals and pose next to them with giant smiles on their faces are psychopaths in training--I'm more than ok with some jungle vengeance for them.

I've heard it a few times. It's likely trolling.

I just think there is too much nuance to make sweeping generalizations. Are we talking about shooting a beaver in the face? Hunting elk and mounting it? One can hunt for sport and not be a sociopath.

I agree there's some weirdos out there that deserve scorn who are cruel to animals, some people kill just to kill, but this does not describe the average hunter. Too many of these threads don't care about nuance, people just want to grandstand.

I've heard it a few times. It's likely trolling.

I just think there is too much nuance to make sweeping generalizations. Are we talking about shooting a beaver in the face? Hunting elk and mounting it? One can hunt for sport and not be a sociopath.

I agree there's some weirdos out there that deserve scorn who are cruel to animals, some people kill just to kill, but this does not describe the average hunter. Too many of these threads don't care about nuance, people just want to grandstand.
For me, it is purely these people that kill exotic animals purely for sport.
I've been hunting with my grandfather. I am not against hunting. I understand there is skill to it, and I can understand being proud of a successful hunt.
But a lot of these guys are doing these canned hunts, and then taking pictures with dead animals for their Facebook and Instagram feeds. They're just attention whores.
I've killed animals for food, so it is even harder for me to wrap my mind around taking pictures and playing and posing with the bodies.
These people don't see this animal as a life, but just an object--and that is psycho shit in my book.

For me, it is purely these people that kill exotic animals purely for sport.
I've been hunting with my grandfather. I am not against hunting. I understand there is skill to it, and I can understand being proud of a successful hunt.
But a lot of these guys are doing these canned hunts, and then taking pictures with dead animals for their Facebook and Instagram feeds. They're just attention whores.
I've killed animals for food, so it is even harder for me to wrap my mind around taking pictures and playing and posing with the bodies.
These people don't see this animal as a life, but just an object--and that is psycho shit in my book.

Well defended, I agree with this.

?
What is so funny?

Here is a clip of the shooting, and if this doesn´t wake any feelings, I do feel sorry for you. It´s not only women who can cry.

This clip doesn´t include the men and women who was witnessing this traumatic event, but they were all crying.

Last edited:
When ever Westerners hear about animal cruelty in Chinese zoos, society, et al. they are often so surprised and indignant.

The foundation of kindness, mercy, and generosity to man/animal is not endemic to human nature.

Ideas, or rather values are created, cultivated, and discriminated through civilizations over time.

Even so, you can still see the cruelty if you look close enough.

Like say a sanctimonious woman who by day is belligerent about politics and rights, then at night ignores her teenage children, all while doting on a small, fuzzy pet because the pet makes her feel good right now.

?
What is so funny?

Here is a clip of the shooting, and if this doesn´t wake any feelings, I do feel sorry for you. It´s not only women who can cry.

This clip doesn´t include the men and women who was witnessing this traumatic event, but they were all crying.

I will share something related for those who might consider morality, politics, human cruelty, and all wrapped together in the context of colonialism.

Shooting an Elephant by George Orwell.

https://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/o/orwell/george/o79s/

Yeah, shit like this is boring as fuck. Find something else to get indignant about. Like other human beings, you know, the ones you pass on the street everyday.

I will share something related for those who might consider morality, politics, human cruelty, and all wrapped together in the context of colonialism.

Shooting an Elephant by George Orwell.

https://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/o/orwell/george/o79s/

Beautiful text, so much detail.

But I don´t see the connection between a male elephant in estrus with no backstory of being mistreated to the female elphant in a circus.

George Orwell had no other choice than to shot the animal, while in the Hawaii case there should have been other options, to enforce a more happy ending.

Yeah, shit like this is boring as fuck. Find something else to get indignant about. Like other human beings, you know, the ones you pass on the street everyday.
Because we have a limited amount of empathy?
This is such a dumb ass argument. It is possible to give a shit about your neighborhood, a child in Somalia, and an abused animal all at the same time.
We should especially be protecting the things that can't protect themselves.

Last edited:
Yeah some humans are evil.

trumps-son-tiger-kill.png

When I see these kinds of pictures I remember fondly that episode of Hannibal where he feeds a guy alive to pigs

We are a cancer, and I hope to god this planet wipes us out before it's too late
Reminds me of a Paul Stamets quote: Imagine if all the other living beings could vote us off.

Paraphrased but you get the point.

Back