Lion being ridden by tourists!

I'm afraid you're anthropomorphizing.

You're taking an animal's automatic instinct to steward its offspring until a reproductive age, and confusing that with an actual family bond.
And you think humans are not animals who aren't instinctively driven to care for their young?

lol @ subhuman tourist.
animals used to dismember and eat humans for tens of thousands of years and we grew shivering and naked in caves while outside lions like that motherfucker ridden used to growl.
fuck them.
humans will disappear soon enough and then it's going to be a shit planet again, with monkeys scratching their asshole.

Always weird how people seem to worship lions/tigers. At the end of the day, they are just animals, and in particular not good to humans. In the wild a lion would fuck a human up, can't say the same for animals we regularly ride like horses, elephants, camels, etc. In fact, we should ride lions because they'r

In fact at the end of the day, fuck lions. Stop letting cartoon movies make you idolize them.

And you think humans are not animals who aren't instinctively driven to care for their young?
Do humans possess instincts?

Absolutely.

However, human beings are the only creatures of volitional consciousness. We are the only creatures that can actively and consciously work towards our own destruction, or our own betterment.

Animals are creatures of automatic instinct. They have no ability to expand their instinctual knowledge. Where their knowledge fails them, they die.

When people make the mistake of ascribing human social and personality traits to animals, they attempt to blur the lines of actual objective morality.

lol @ subhuman tourist.
animals used to dismember and eat humans for tens of thousands of years and we grew shivering and naked in caves while outside lions like that motherfucker ridden used to growl.
fuck them.
humans will disappear soon enough and then it's going to be a shit planet again, with monkeys scratching their asshole.

Funny how the caption goes after what is probably some naive tourist and not the actual operators of such a thing trying to get tourists to ride it.

Absolutely.

However, human beings are the only creatures of volitional consciousness. We are the only creatures that can actively and consciously work towards our own destruction, or our own betterment.

Animals are creatures of automatic instinct. They have no ability to expand their instinctual knowledge. Where their knowledge fails them, they die.

When people make the mistake of ascribing human social and personality traits to animals, they attempt to blur the lines of actual objective morality.

Except objective morality doesn’t exist silly christian

I think you have used the word anthropomorphizing about 20 times in the last week. We get it, you read an article last week and now know the word

Absolutely.

There's no question that many animals have emotions and experience emotional suffering.

I have had this debate with him before. He thinks us humans are special and he also argues that chimps and other primates do not have parental or family bonds the way humans do.

Absolutely.

Sometimes people can see too much into animal actions but the opposite is also true, where people can not see that some animals have the capacity to show compassion and sorrow. My hunch is that since you were/are surrounded by livestock and working animals, you are only seeing animals from a purely utilitarian point of view. Or maybe you are too wrapped up in Abrahamic religious believe that animals were put on earth for human needs?

Rare Video Shows Elephants 'Mourning' Matriarch's Death
https://news.nationalgeographic.com...deo-animal-grief/?user.testname=lazyloading:1
They may not be mourning, but they are certainly displaying the capacity to have deep emotional bonds.

Monkey revives another monkey who fell unconscious after touching electrical wires.

Would I ride a lion? Hell no.
Would I ride an ostrich? Fuck yeah
SomberBlankGrub-small.gif

If we can ride horses we can ride lions imo.

This thread got me heated, tbh.

Agreed.

I saw a docu once about a elephant who went rampage on the streets of Hawaii. When they shot this big majestic female elephant with hundreds of bullets that was of African origin and had been abused all her life, I could not stop crying.

Lol

Inb4 "but you guys eat meat, right, so you can't complain" crew chimes in

Well, it is an irreconcilable and contradictory moral paradigm. Imagine a tribe of cannibals feeling sorry for some poor asian pulling a rickshaw and then going home and having asians for dinner lol. It's pure cognitive dissonance.

Back