Lindsay Lohan claims she was 'racially" profiled for wearing a headscarf

NEW YORK (AP) - Lindsay Lohan says Americans need to come together in support of President Donald Trump.

When asked about Trump, the actress told the Daily Mail in a video interview last week, "You have to join him. If you can't beat him, join him." She said she thinks "it would be a positive thing for America to show their care and support."

Lohan is offering her support for Trump despite his comments in 2004 to Howard Stern, in which Trump said of Lohan: "She's probably deeply troubled and therefore great in bed."

In the newspaper interview, the 30-year-old Lohan also touched on her interest in Islam. She said she's been studying the religion and called it "beautiful." Of the possibility of becoming a Muslim herself, she said that "anything's possible."

Attention seeking.

Its really not necessarily that black and white. Some people don't like Islam because of what it is as a religion and some people don't like it because they see it as a brown person's religion. But in Lohan's case it wouldn't make any sense to call it racial profiling, bitch is pasty as fuck so not exactly a stereotypical Muhammadan.

Came here to say this.

How many people actually think that? I've never heard or seen anyone use that as an argument. I believe it's fair to say the overwhelming majority of people oppose this mass migration for a couple of different reasons. One, they don't want to look like Paris and Stockholm in 10 years, and two, America already has a problem with crime and poverty, it isn't in any shape to add a huge number of people to a culture and economy that is in bad, bad shape. In a lot ways, it could result in the tipping-point.

Remember, America's not Europe, if someone starts trouble on an American's property, there's a good chance the perp gets a gun shoved in his face, not a rock thrown at him. Things can go downhill very quickly from here, especially with strained relations already existing within the country. We, as a country, need to get healthy before we can expect to take on mass groups of people and hope to thrive. Right now, we're nowhere close to that point.

It wasn't racial profiling, it was Lindsay Lohan profiling. Can't blame them for thinking she might have at least have an 8 ball on her.

Its really not necessarily that black and white. Some people don't like Islam because of what it is as a religion and some people don't like it because they see it as a brown person's religion. But in Lohan's case it wouldn't make any sense to call it racial profiling, bitch is pasty as fuck so not exactly a stereotypical Muhammadan.

Came here to say this.
It's only racial if a 'brown' person regardless of religion is singled out.

In airports there is nothing wrong with racial and religious profiling since flying is not a right, it is a luxury and privilege. If one doesn't want to be profiled , then don't fly.

How many people actually think that? I've never heard or seen anyone use that as an argument. I believe it's fair to say the overwhelming majority of people oppose this mass migration for a couple of different reasons. One, they don't want to look like Paris and Stockholm in 10 years, and two, America already has a problem with crime and poverty, it isn't in any shape to add a huge number of people to a culture and economy that is in bad, bad shape. In a lot ways, it could result in the tipping-point.

Remember, America's not Europe, if someone starts trouble on an American's property, there's a good chance the perp gets a gun shoved in his face, not a rock thrown at him. Things can go downhill very quickly from here, especially with strained relations already existing within the country. We, as a country, need to get healthy before we can expect to take on mass groups of people and hope to thrive. Right now, we're nowhere close to that point.
I don't think anyone would really use that justification in an argument but it doesn't mean that that perception isn't there. As far as who actually believes that, I don't think many of the public anti-Islam intellectuals, like Sam Harris or Robert Spencer or Dawkins, feel that way.

I think its a sentiment that's more common among the average person who doesn't think about these issues deeply but still has strong opinions.
It's only racial if a 'brown' person regardless of religion is singled out.
For specific people sure. But when it comes to perceptions of Islam in general I do think its possible that a person who is already racist would be predisposed to dislike it because of his/her perception of it being a religion of non-white people.
In airports there is nothing wrong with racial and religious profiling since flying is not a right, it is a luxury and privilege. If one doesn't want to be profiled , then don't fly.
That's an interesting. Education and healthcare aren't rights either, should private educational or healthcare institutions be allowed to profile based one race and/or religion as well?

For specific people sure. But when it comes to perceptions of Islam in general I do think its possible that a person who is already racist would be predisposed to dislike it because of his/her perception of it being a religion of non-white people.

That's an interesting. Education and healthcare aren't rights either, should private educational or healthcare institutions be allowed to profile based one race and/or religion as well?
The people who dislike Islam because it is a faith mostly comprised of non-European dislike people precisely because they are of non-European stock , it would not matter if the person was Hindu or Muslim or Animist. A Christian Brown person would also be disliked.

Health care is more of a human right , and education too. Both are quite necessary for a person to be able to lead a normal life. You don't need to fly to be able to lead a normal life.

The people who dislike Islam because it is a faith mostly comprised of non-European dislike people precisely because they are of non-European stock , it would not matter if the person was Hindu or Muslim or Animist. A Christian Brown person would also be disliked.
I'm not talking about perceptions of individuals, I'm talking about perceptions of the religion as a whole. And yes, it would also apply to other religions if they are perceived as non-white.

So the point is that the association of the religion with a different race contributes to a negative perception of it. Guilt by association if you will. You could say its similar to the perception of rap music by racists who dislike blacks. Even if the rap music is performed by a white person the genre itself is associated with black people and tarred in their eyes.
Health care is more of a human right , and education too. Both are quite necessary for a person to be able to lead a normal life. You don't need to fly to be able to lead a normal life.
Neither are rights in the US.

I'm not talking about perceptions of individuals, I'm talking about perceptions of the religion as a whole. And yes, it would also apply to other religions if they are perceived as non-white.

So the point is that the association of the religion with a different race contributes to a negative perception of it. Guilt by association if you will. You could say its similar to the perception of rap music by racists who dislike blacks. Even if the rap music is performed by a white person the genre itself is associated with black people and tarred in their eyes.

Neither are rights in the US.
The people who would hate a muslim person because he is Brown will hate a Black person regardless if that person is Christian or not.

Brown Muslims only really started feeling some negative attention after 9/11; before that whatever religion you were Brown people were rarely targeted. Even now the vocal protestation against discrimination is overblown and overhyped because for the most part the West is the best and safest place for Brown people of all backgrounds.

So while there is some level of dislike for Islam because it is associated with non Euros, the reason is just general dislike of Brown people that is accentuated by Islam. A White person who dons Islamic garb would also face antagonism from these folks who don't like Brown people, so Muslims claiming it is racist are misleading the public.

Ramone!...bring that dunce a clitorectomy

her 15 minutes of fame are over and that's her cry to be relevant again.

First I've heard of this at all.

Where's this liberal media that's "beside themselves" over this story?

Are ppl this worked up when Jews claim to be a race?

First I've heard of this at all.

Where's this liberal media that's "beside themselves" over this story?
Huffpo and some prominent liberal leaning media were quick to feature this 'news' , because they are sympathetic to Islam so such 'news' fits their agenda. Just like how right leaning news like Fox are always eager to feature stories that negatively portray Blacks and SJWs, liberals etc..

Are ppl this worked up when Jews claim to be a race?
Jews are not a race. I don't recall Jewish groups claiming to be a race . Jews use the term "anti-Semitism" not "racism".

Sounds pretty serious. She felt a certain way, and projected that onto others as well.

HOLY SHIT

Huffpo and some prominent liberal leaning media were quick to feature this 'news' , because they are sympathetic to Islam so such 'news' fits their agenda. Just like how right leaning news like Fox are always eager to feature stories that negatively portray Blacks and SJWs, liberals etc..

2 sites link to this story.... and you convey that as "the liberal media is beside themselves"?

Do you distrust the media or dislike them for playing the same game you are?

2 sites link to this story.... and you convey that as "the liberal media is beside themselves"?

Do you distrust the media or dislike them for playing the same game you are?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...-racially-profile_uk_58ac15d9e4b0f077b3ed80f9

Above news features Good Morning Britain TV program which is a mainstream program

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/lindsay-lohan-headscarf-profiling-airport-1201993277/

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...ed-asked-to-remove-headscarf-heathrow-airport
I like the Guardian, consider it one of the better news sources out there.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-was-profiled-while-wearing-headscarf-n723506

-
One can count on the mainstream media and especially liberal leaning ones to feature any news that portrays Islam as the victim, just like how Fox and similar right leaning can be counted on the feature any news that shows Blacks in a bad light.

Back