Linares v cambell

deadscou5

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hi lads right im a uk fan and if i am wrong here somebody correxr me
But as far as i know eddie hearn is luke cambells promoter how the fuck is he allowing him never mind in the same ring but the same building as linares ?
Im a fan of hearn but i hold him responsible for kell brooks career and he is allowing worse to happen to young luke .
Listen any boxer worth there salt will step in with anyone its up to there team and promoters to protect them and it seems everybody around this yound lad has thrown him to the lions for paycheck and something about it does not sit well with me .
Anyway ling story short i just want to get my trans atalantic cousins take on the sham err i mean fight ?

I agree that it's too soon, he needs another step up fight. Facing someone on the level of Crolla or Burns or Mendy or Zlaticanin or whoever like that would've been better for him. Comparing it to Golovkin/Brook is a bit much imo for the reasons that

A) Campbell's not jumping up two weight divisions, he's a fully fledged lightweight with fast hands and decent power facing someone who hasn't shown the sturdiest chin.

B) Linares isn't nearly as insurmountable as Golovkin. We all know he's been gotten to and hurt in the past. Linares looked great in the rematch but Crolla vs Linares in the first fight was close and I thought that if Crolla hadn't gotten hurt in the 7th or whatever it was, with the momentum he had going, he could have taken it. And then Linares went life and death with Kevin Mitchell too before that.

I do expect Linares will beat Campbell and stop him though. It wouldn't be the biggest shock this year if Linares got sparked though. I'm in the UK too.

I agree I certainly don't think it's a massive mismatch but linares wins imo. Campbell is not a novice either and has skills. I think he'll win a few rounds early but will lose either by ud or late stoppage. This is a much tougher fight for linares than either crolla or Mitchell, and he is getting on. I wouldn't be too suprised at the upset but I dont expect it

Back