Limited Edition Cleto Reyes 14oz Training Gloves

Yeah i just dont love reyes headgear enough. The 2900 is just too good.

Strato, you say these aren't too stiff?

When I got my Reyes I swear they were as stiff as a log. I couldn't even move my hand in them

These just look amazing, definitely one of the most eye catching gold's out there. Once again if not another perfect review!

The gold is the best I've ever seen.

Man, so jealous :/

Hey wait a second wasn't there a nice fella that sent you an email about gold cletos and lockwoods boxing:icon_conf?

Strato, you say these aren't too stiff?

When I got my Reyes I swear they were as stiff as a log. I couldn't even move my hand in them

I have never had an issue with Reyes Being stiff out of the box, and Ive ordered from atleast 3 different distributors at this point.

Ill agree that the headgear was, it was ugly, but as far as Gloves go especially the safetecs, they were easy to manipulate.

When I think of stiff gloves out of the box I think Ringside, Title, Everlast, Fairtex, Windy. They require some breaking in, for all my Reyes I didn't have to do anything to them other than box.

The only aspect which ever required breaking in is the ability to open the hand fully. but even my winnings couldn't do that out of the box either.

Hey wait a second wasn't there a nice fella that sent you an email about gold cletos and lockwoods boxing:icon_conf?

And praise to the joker, I got rid of the email and I didn't want to just put in the review "someone else too" because I had forgotten that's rude, but thanks for reminding me!

So yes Joker72 was awesome and was another reason why I pulled the trigger on the gloves :D

Great review again Strat!

I only wish they came in 16oz as labeled when they went on sale, so people at my gym don't whine about "underweight puncher's gloves." It's annoying having to explain the concept of "actual weight" to them.

As much as I hate Grant, i still think they have the smoothest, shiniest, and overall best looking metallic gold on the market...at least looks-wise. I can't really say anything about the sturdiness of the Grant gold. Anyway, if you've been around the Grant gold, how would you compare this Reyes gold?

Again, if they were available in "16oz" I would have jumped on these Reyes in a heartbeat

Who the hell wears 14's besides people who don't know how to order 16's?

I bet they did 14's so they could make more gloves and make more money.

Who the hell wears 14's besides people who don't know how to order 16's?

I bet they did 14's so they could make more gloves and make more money.

There's guys at my gym that try and get away with sparring with 12's and 14's lol. Those are generally the one's I'll put on my American Standup gloves for to even it out a little bit lol.
I have had people ask "Why do you spar with 16's" or "Why do you use different gloves to for sparring and for the bag/pads" like seriously people that have been attending for 2+ years now lol.

I can stand the feel of getting hit by the sporting good store 25 dollar everlast 16oz glove that are filled with the same shit as my pillow and weight 8oz wet but hey deathstriker when you getting those custom shin guards made?

Awesome review again mate, those gloves are sexy as hell!

Yeah bro, and lockwoods are classy as hell too.

I think this will be my last set of gold gloves for awhile now.

Edit: I need to update my avatar too!

i like the cletos you sent me strato simply stupid design, hate the thumb placement but if i had a pair as my primary gloves i'm sure i'd forget about the thumb placement issue after a few days.

cheers brother

Thanks for review Start

Solidly done as always

For some reason is the most entertaining part on these forums. Despite some of the troll wars in standup technique

FYI, there was a very small additional run of 16 oz gold hook and loop. I just paid for a pair and there is ONE pair left.

Likely selling my custom winnings as a result. Never fell in love with them the way I did with Reyes, wanted to love them but just never did.

If anyone wants a pair of these in 16, better get em today!

Back