Likelihood of a Ban: AR's

Teppodama

A Dude, playing a Dude, disquised as another Dude
@Silver
Reaction score
I've noticed an increasing number of AR's for sale on Armslist for my area and it's started me wondering on the likelihood of a ban coming down the lane. Given the gun control push, how wise is it to invest in a new AR? Planned on adding one to my kit at some point but now I'm wondering if that'll even be possible by the end of the year, especially if Democrats win big in November.

I've noticed an increasing number of AR's for sale on Armslist for my area and it's started me wondering on the likelihood of a ban coming down the lane. Given the gun control push, how wise is it to invest in a new AR? Planned on adding one to my kit at some point but now I'm wondering if that'll even be possible by the end of the year, especially if Democrats win big in November.

Just buy a few quality lowers if you are concerned.

there is very low likelihood they will be banned, if you own one prior to a ban you'd be grandfathered in. There is very little chance the government will be coming around to confiscate it from you.

Personally the talk about banning them is the manufacturers' dream, it drives up sales for people in anticipation of beating the ban.

So years back before Obama took office I had a Stag Arms that I had built. I needed money (before I was a cop) and sold it due to the panic buying. Made a decent amount on it. Sadly panic buying and fear buying drive up prices.

So years back before Obama took office I had a Stag Arms that I had built. I needed money (before I was a cop) and sold it due to the panic buying. Made a decent amount on it. Sadly panic buying and fear buying drive up prices.
Or in my case make me ride my friends harder.

Bought an upper and an upper and lower parts kit from him back in like October. Fucker still hasn't shipped it to me yet to the point I just send a screen shot of a different shipping companies tracking number page every morning.

EDIT:
Worst part... the upper and the two parts kits are the last bits I need.

I have everything else even the fucking gun mounted light I want to put on this project which I usually get like 4-6 months after completing the gun PLUS my AR-10 and 6.5 builds are on hold till I finish this AR as I need to pay someone to pin and weld the muzzle device cause the barrel is only 14.5"

Last edited:
Seems unlikely to me. Since the original AWB we've had the court say that guns were an individual right and that you can't ban a common class of firearms. The AR is just another semi-auto so nothing is solved by just banning them anyway. Don't see how it would stand up to any level of scrutiny. But of course the court can just not take the case (like usual).

I agree with @RerouteToRemain. If you're really concerned pick up 3-5 lowers, various 20+ round mags, and worry about building them out or selling them later.

You can always get 80% lowers and a kit. Drilling the holes is easy enough; the routing portion takes forever.

I've been buying a ton of Pmags lately. I already have lowers.

The writing is on the wall.

You stocked up on plain ol' aluminum?

No. I have a ton of those from work.

Lately been going after the cheaper Pmags. The new AK ones with metal lugs were $12 I bought a dozen. The non-metal ones were $9 I bought a dozen. Regular non-windowed Pmags AR style were about the same. Bought a dozen. Found a bunch of the sand colored ones you dye with RIT, bought like 8. Saw a case of Croatian AK mags that equalled out to about $5 per mag.

No. I have a ton of those from work.

Lately been going after the cheaper Pmags. The new AK ones with metal lugs were $12 I bought a dozen. The non-metal ones were $9 I bought a dozen. Regular non-windowed Pmags AR style were about the same. Bought a dozen. Found a bunch of the sand colored ones you dye with RIT, bought like 8. Saw a case of Croatian AK mags that equalled out to about $5 per mag.

I bought nothing but pmags and some HK mags early on. Since then I've tried to diversify with some ETS, E-Landers, D&H, Okay Surefeeds, Brownells, CPD, and Lancers.

Agreed. Pick up a few spikes lowers for 95$ a piece and be happy.
In the expectation of being able to turn a decent profit on them? Or just having them to be able to work up?

Expect to be grandfathered. Connecticut has had an AW Ban for a bit now. AR’s are still being bought. Pre ban sales are brisk, and the new market for “others” and “firearms” give people access to new model lowers at the cost of a full stock, but the newer pistol braces do fine in its place.

2E3BC30B-7BA4-42A6-BE0E-8438059096A5.jpeg

i dont think they could be banned on the near future but what i could see is a ny safe act on a federal level. do not let it get there! its terrible.

Back