Like or dislike Trump he is right about NATO

If the US withdrew from the world there would be a power vacuum and power vaccums usually result in instability.
You would see a lot of hypocrisy
You know....we could vote through our Congress not to maintain the biggest, most unnecessary, and and most expensive military in the history of the world. Instead of bitching that other countries don't spend so moronically.
Of course. But in the mean time, lesser contributors should move out the way.

Do you morons ACTUALLY think the US cares a single shit about the contributions of individual NATO members? Here's a clue for you. NATO's ONLY mission right now is to provide global reach for AMERICAN military power. We have positioned our military ALL over Europe to serve as a launch point for global missions within a moments notice. That forward deployed ability is worth more than any amount of political grandstanding Trump thinks he has. If the Germans decided tomorrow that they werent going to pay a single red cent to their military we would trip over ourselves to ensure we maintain our current base alignment with them.

As always, the most important aspect of any and all military campaigns is logistics, something the US is better than any other nation or group of nations. NATO partnership gives the US unprecedented logistical capability to wage war and exert influence anywhere on the globe. period.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/obama-nato-pay-fair-share-231405

“I want to take this opportunity to commend Greece for being one of the five NATO allies that spends 2 percent of GDP on defense, a goal that we have consistently set but not everybody has met,” Obama said. “Greece has done this even during difficult economic times. If Greece can meet this NATO commitment, all our NATO allies should be able to do so.”

-Some guy no one likes.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/25/obama-tells-complacent-europe-to-hike-military-spending/

In an address in Hanover, the US President said that Nato must spend more to address the crises in Syria and north Africa and to invest in new missile defence and cyber systems.

Nato is also increasing troop numbers and equipment in its eastern European neighbours who feel at risk of Russian destabilisation.

Mr Obama warned that states are failing to pay their “full share” of spending two per cent of GDP on the military. “I’ll be honest, sometimes Europe has been complacent about its own defence,” he said.

-Same guy no one likes.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...-allies-to-chip-in-because-freedom-isnt-free/

"I have had some concerns about a diminished level of defense spending among some of our partners in NATO; not all, but many. The trend lines have been going down," he said at a news conference at the Council of the European Union. "We've got to be willing to pay for the assets, the personnel, the training that's required to make sure that we have a credible NATO force and an effective deterrent force."

-Same guy no one likes several years earlier.

But when Obama said it it was because he desperately wanted to forge a one world government.

When Donny says it it's because he's a patriot putting America first.

Big difference.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

This is one of those no shit sherlock type issues.

I don't think he's said anything profound or something other American politicians haven't expressed over the years in regards to NATO.
It is a "no shit Sherlock" type of thing, but no Pres I recall has called NATO out on it in front of them like he did.

ye844js13ozy.gif

Trump is literally a fascist. Hitler was literally a more intelligent person, and I'm sure made factually correct points at certain points in his life.
Literally ???????? Nice grammar.

Literally ???????? Nice grammar.

If you know what defines fascism, you know that Trump is a fascist.

He's not "literally Hitler" because that's nonsensical and he doesn't however fit the bill of a Nazi.

Trump is an idiot in so many ways.

However I can't see how any American Democrat or Republican can possibly disagree with his NATO speech he just gave.

To be against what he said is to continue to want America to spend the most money on other countries. It is to demand that 23/28 countries can continue to not meet their financial obligations while the US and a few others do. It isn't fair either that we are expected to expend the lives of so many patriotic Americans all so they can defend the lives of nations who mock our president and whose people by and large mock the Americans and our way of life.

No longer should this be allowed and I'd go further most western European nations owe us and should he thankful for continued American defense.

They have to pay up for protection. No more discounts.

This would be difficult even for Trump to be wrong on.
Everyone agreed on the 2% so you should spend that money.

Of course, the US doesn't really want everyone to spend 2% on its own Military. They want to get more money for their own forces.
If Germany would spend 2% on their own forces it would be the 3rd strongest military in the world. And the strongest one in Europe.
Which might make a few people in Eastern Europe nervous.

I don't think he's said anything profound or something other American politicians haven't expressed over the years in regards to NATO.

Worse than that, he said it in the most undiplomatic and counterproductive way possible.

Trump is doing what he's supposed to do, bring money back into the country. US will unload its old military tech, and make room for the new.

why they would want to help a megalomaniacal control freak?

Back