Like Brock and Gina, Conor is a celebrity non-factor

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
He is as relevant as Brock Lesnar. I don't follow Brock's career in the WWE. I don't watch Monday Night Raw. But if Brock decides to come back, my interest will spike.

Now Conor is much more likely to come back than Brock. At least I assume. Regardless, they're both in a place where they are more celebrity than fighter. I'm not interested in them as celebrities.

Gina is not coming back. It's been too long. But at one point it was still very possible. But until she fought again (which never happened), I really had no interest in the will she or will she not speculation.

Conor feels like a retired fighter. Conor as celebrity is of no interest to me.

Ahhh, but he's fought two times in the past year. How can he feel retired? And his celebrity may not be interest to you but incase you did not notice, him jumping in a cage garners more attention than any other story in MMA, and is clearly still of interest to many.

Sounds good.

Was there a point to this rambling shit though?

Conor will be replaced like all of the mma stars before him. He just has a louder mouth and more of a social media presence.

slatest_160128_trump6.gif.CROP.original-original.gif

Conor is an active title holder....Unlike suspended/retired Brock, Conor is not gone.

He is as relevant as Brock Lesnar. I don't follow Brock's career in the WWE. I don't watch Monday Night Raw. But if Brock decides to come back, my interest will spike.

Now Conor is much more likely to come back than Brock. At least I assume. Regardless, they're both in a place where they are more celebrity than fighter. I'm not interested in them as celebrities.

Gina is not coming back. It's been too long. But at one point it was still very possible. But until she fought again (which never happened), I really had no interest in the will she or will she not speculation.

Ditto

He should go the Kim Kardashian route to the a list

I have made similar statements. I think the MMA fans are ready to move on from Conor. At this time, Conor is only relevant because of the UFC's greed to rip him off some more and the MMA media's use of his name as click bait.

However, if the UFC makes a few key match-ups here and there, we will soon find ourselves at the end of 2018 without a Conor fight. It feels like yesterday that Conor said he was going on maternity leave, but it has been 1 year.

Time is going by really fast. 155 and 170 have some really interesting match-ups. If the UFC is brave enough to pull the trigger on these match-ups and keep the divisions moving forward, Conor will only be a MMA celebrity and not a MMA fighter.

It is slowly happening.

It doesn't matter- Connor is about to go section 8 somewhere and UFC cash cow will be gone.

Back