light headed after injuries

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by machomang, Sep 11, 2017.

1. machomang Orange Belt

machomang
    Not sure how to pose this question, but last night, I got knee'd in the face and got a pretty bad bloody lip. My partner and I continued to roll, but after I was bleeding profusely, we stopped to check on my lip.

After I went to the bathroom to wash up, I started feeling light headed and felt like I could pass out if I didn't lay down. This happened to me once before years ago when I dropped a dumbell on my finger.

I'm not weirded out by shots or needles or blood. I have tattoos and have donated blood on numerous occasions, so I'm curious as to what this could be. Any of you guys have an idea?

2. Dogstarman Old man jiu jitsu

Dogstarman
    So it could be shock. You could also be suffering a concussion.

When I broke my wrist training last year, I had to lay down and catch my breath because I was getting light headed and dizzy. It was the beginning of your body going into shock. Once I laid down caught my breath and the initial pain went away I was good. I drove myself home and thought it was just a sprain. I went to the Dr two days later and found out it was actually broken.

If you start suffering from headaches and sensitivity to light after your hit you might have a concussion. I would go get it checked out.

3. machomang Orange Belt

machomang
    interesting, what causes one to go into shock? I guess I could just google it real quick.....

4. Was at Pride GP 2000 Brown Belt

Was at Pride GP 2000
    If you are not used to getting hit square in the face it can shock you. Taking a blow to the point you are bleeding stops some new guys in their tracks. If it's not a concussion just keep rolling. You get hit a lot and your nervous system gets used to it. And if you feel dizzy don't be a tough guy. Sit down for a minute. Nobody wants to see you walk through the glass door

5. Dogstarman Old man jiu jitsu

Dogstarman
    I know with me it was the initial pain. I mean it fucking hurt a lot. I don't think it was the worst pain I have felt in my life but as soon as it happened it hurt like hell. I guess my body didn't know how to react to that type of stimulus. As I said it took me a few minutes of just laying there to catch my breath. Once the initial pain went away and my endorphins kicked in I was good. I mean we were moving at that time and I just started to pack and load boxes and take them to the storage unit. Not smart I know.