Lifting and cycling

Viskovitz

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I'm not posting much here this time of the year because I'm focusing on cycling instead of lifting... but this it's interesting. Maybe there's nothing new for you guys, but for cyclinst this is like blasphemy...

http://www.velonews.com/2016/11/news/road/fast-talk-podcast-ep-6-like-not-lifting_424891

It's a podcast targeted to performance cyclist talking about lifting weigths.

It talks about:

- Old studies only measured VO2 max, and it didn't improve, but lifting improves performance in another ways (pedal stroke, muscle fiber use...)
- Old studies used ligth weigths.
- Discusses hypertrophy and concurrent training.
- Bone mineral density
- How and when cyclist weigth train

in the irongarm forum are some guys who do/did cycling while doing powerlifting i think.

topelement.jpg

Looks like he lifts

I'd love to have legs like Foerstemann.

Mark Felix being an idol, would love to have legs like Forstemann. For a guy who judges PED use so harshly, you sure do seem to love the effects.

You can come out of the closet, bro. It's okay.

Mark Felix being an idol, would love to have legs like Forstemann. For a guy who judges PED use so harshly, you sure do seem to love the effects.

You can come out of the closet, bro. It's okay.

I'm impressed by Jackson Pollack, Vincent Van Gogh, and Edvard Munch too. Doesn't mean I want to be an alcoholic, have anxiety, depression, or be bipolar. Just because something has contributed to what someone has accomplished or become, doesn't mean I endorse that thing, even if I appreciate the person.

You want a pass so badly for being a steroid user who compares his lifts to natural lifters, but you don't need to get that from me. You're a juicer, dude. I'm fine with it, you should learn to live with it.

Also, do you want me to email you when I post? You sure like to be around to continue the same conversation when I post, so go ahead and PM me if you want notification, I'd hate to have you miss any of my stuff.

I'm certain I've never done this. That would just be silly.

You also seem to attribute the success of the various guys you point out to me to be due to steroid use. Like "Ha ha, you like a steroid user." Is it actually the case that steroids are what made Mark Felix and Robert Foerstemann and Ed Coan successful?

And again, is this something mature, thinking people do? Bag on fans of Mike Tyson or Kobe Bryant for "endorsing rape?" If I like Ozzy or Kurt Cobain or Anthony Kedis but have a problem with their heroin use am I somehow being a hypocrite? Is that what you think?

I'm not a fan of steroids, sorry if that hurts your feelings (or enrages you or whatever). That's my personal take on PEDs, I don't really care what yours is, and I don't really care what you do. I'll still be a fan of whatever athlete I like to whatever degree I like, taking into account everything I know about them. If that's a problem for you, too bad, get over it.

Back