Lift Weights, Eat More Protein, Especially if You’re Over 40

Tomorrow on @TidWell's Article Corner

"Breathing Air is Essential for Staying Alive"

"Drinking Bleach is Bad for You, Mmkay"

Eat more vegetables. Drink more water. Stretch more. You can only digest so much. Compound lifts are the shit though.

Leave my boy, Drax, alone!

nothing-goes-over-my-head-my-reflexes-are-too-fast-19286086.png

Last edited:
I have no idea why people don't lift. esp. if they're not involved in a specific hobbyist sport, and even then, it benefits greatly.

You look alot better, get stronger, and end up healthier, address muscle imbalances which help you prevent craps when you sleep in awkward positions you can't control at night. Its a good lifestyle.

You don't even need too much out of your time. A decent 3x a week routine runs you for about 1h. If you count commute its probably 1.5h each session. A small time of the day compared to the reward it brings.

I have no idea why people don't lift. esp. if they're not involved in a specific hobbyist sport, and even then, it benefits greatly.

You look alot better, get stronger, and end up healthier, address muscle imbalances which help you prevent craps when you sleep in awkward positions you can't control at night. Its a good lifestyle.

You don't even need too much out of your time. A decent 3x a week routine runs you for about 1h. If you count commute its probably 1.5h each session. A small time of the day compared to the reward it brings.
{<huh}

You shitting yourself in your sleep?

If I was over 40 and ready had kids. Then having smaller balls lol might be worth it.

i would get on Tren Ace
god damn thats some powerful shit. Would love to have a go at it some day but I feel like I would need a full medical team at my disposal. That shit turns you into superman.

trenbolone-acetate-before-after-results.jpg

god damn thats some powerful shit. Would love to have a go at it some day but I feel like I would need a full medical team at my disposal. That shit turns you into superman.

you would not even need to use it forever. use something else to cut real lean and retain or gain noob muscle gains while cutting (most guys start off skinny fat or fat/chubby). then once you super skinny but lean from the drugs, get on tren ace and bulk but do not eat like total shit. rinse and repeat. you would not lose 100% of gains be ways to maintain some % of it.

Thats one impressive natty, his shoulders are wide too, not like that skinny guy who is roided up just to put muscle on with the narrow shoulders and wide hips

Weights are fine as it makes you more proficient at picking up heavy shit but the most underrated thing you should focus on as you age are mobility exercises. Google Steve Maxwell mobility drills.

Weights are fine as it makes you more proficient at picking up heavy shit but the most underrated thing you should focus on as you age are mobility exercises. Google Steve Maxwell mobility drills.
Damn your avatar for making me hungry just as I was about to go to bed.

People who would like to become physically stronger should start with weight training and add protein to their diets, according to a comprehensive scientific review of research.

This is, quite frankly, a shocking new development.

I drink half a gallon of whole milk a day

I eat chicken and beef every day

I drink whey protein shakes first thing in the morning

I only drink alcohol 2 or 3 days a week

I have a 3 day exercise cycle

Day 1: Back, biceps, running
Day 2: Chest, shoulders, running
Day 3: Running

I drink half a gallon of whole milk a day

I eat chicken and beef every day

I drink whey protein shakes first thing in the morning

I only drink alcohol 2 or 3 days a week

I have a 3 day exercise cycle

Day 1: Back, biceps, running
Day 2: Chest, shoulders, running
Day 3: Running

You forgot legs. No squats or deadlifts? GTFO.

Stretching is very important

People who would like to become physically stronger should start with weight training and add protein to their diets, according to a comprehensive scientific review of research.

The review finds that eating more protein, well past the amounts currently recommended, can significantly augment the effects of lifting weights, especially for people past the age of 40. But there is an upper limit to the benefits of protein, the review cautions.

On the other hand, any form of protein is likely to be effective, it concludes, not merely high-protein shakes and supplements. Beef, chicken, yogurt and even protein from peas or quinoa could help us to build larger and stronger muscles.

It makes intuitive sense that protein in our diets should aid in bulking up muscles in our bodies, since muscles consist mostly of protein. When we lift weights, we stress the muscles and cause minute damage to muscle tissue, which then makes new proteins to heal. But muscles also will readily turn to and slurp up any bonus proteins floating around in the bloodstream.

Knowing this, bodybuilders have long swallowed large amounts of gloppy, protein-rich shakes after workouts in the expectation of adding greater bulk to their muscles than the lifting alone.

full article
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/07/...more-protein-especially-if-youre-over-40.html

Any information on how to get shredded?

Back