Lift for Kids - Summer Strength Weekend

NurseKnuckles

My Mom's stronger than you belt
@Silver
Reaction score
As you guys might know, I run a charity event formally known and Lift for Kids' Sake. It was a powerlifting competition to raise money for Big Brothers and Sisters. We started in 2013 raising about $750, and last year we raised over $6400, so its growing.

This year's competition is a three day event called Lift for Kids Summer Strength Weekend happening August 11-13 in Brockville Ontario CANADA.

Friday night is Strongman
Saturday is Powerlifting
Sunday is Clean and Press

The Strongman is likely going to be a normal Strongman competition put on by Clydesdale Strongman. The Saturday is a full power meet with Elite Powerlifting Canada and the clean and press will be a Superhero battle with CrossFit BECC. Each participant will be dressed as a superhero and we'll put on a show for families and kids!

I have T-Shirts still available at $15 Canadian dollars; $20 if you want it shipped in Canada and 25$ if you want it shipped internationally. I'm down to sizes Small to Large. All the big sizes went pretty quickly.

Anyway, I hope to keep this thread updated as I approach the event!

Thanks guys!

Might you run another print of the T-shirts?

I'm going to run some competition shirts and if I had enough folks interested in those I'd run extras. They will likely be 20$, $25 in Canada, and 30$ internationally.

Right now I'm trying to off load my winter meet shirts.

I'm going to make a run of T-Shirts.

The back will have the tagline: #notgolf across the back shoulders and the new lift for kids logo on the front chest area.

The #notgolf is something I've been known to yell at competitions in order to get the crowd back into it. I've been called "The Voice" as well. my voice tends to carry and I yell a lot! I'm often managing the platforms and I get increasingly excited with each attempt. Anyway I'll be taking pre-orders as I can't continue to print tees I don't sell! its my money and what I make goes to the charity. I'd like to do better than break even! LOL

Last edited:
Will JimRussel be competing? What level of testing will be going on?

Will JimRussel be competing? What level of testing will be going on?

We're actually providing test samples in the weeks and months leading up to the competition. We want nothing but the swolest

Damn. Wish you weren't far away. I love benefit meets and would be cool to lift with some of the guys on the forum. Best of luck!

Back