Lift/Fight/Compete for Charity

Status
Not open for further replies.
This year I'm running the 5k for The Gathering Place on June 7th. The Gathering Place is a kewl place for cancer patients to hangout at and is totally funded through private donations (much to the chagrin of Obama). If you can spare a few bucks this is our team page:

https://www.kintera.org/faf/search/...88A9D7D12E380771B43&supId=0&team=3376012&cj=Y

BTW I won't win this race but I will come in first place against anyone near my weight.

That's a good one JRT. Get 'em started young before anyone else has a chance to teach 'em wrong :D

So the church is still up and running? It will be 60-90 (I'm working up to a PR I want to film and send in) days before I'm ready to send my video in..

Yeh it's up...I have my shirt...I've just failed my PR attempts every time I tape myself with it on haha.

Yeh it's up...I have my shirt...I've just failed my PR attempts every time I tape myself with it on haha.

Thanks. I was afraid if it was no longer around I missed my chance. There are two members already where I live, and I can't wait to run into them..

Maybe I'll run into some Toronto members...I'm wearing the shirt quite a bit now considering it's my only shirt that fits me lol.

I am going to join in on the fun. Ordered a shirt, and a week back I ordered that starting strength book everyone talks about. It is teh shit!

I am a reformed meat head doing barbell curls in the squat rack, and doing 18 diffrent curls spread over 4 days. I now know the error of my ways. Thank god I found this forum and the very intelligent guys in it.

I look forward to posting a vid once I get a few weeks into this program.

I am going to join in on the fun. Ordered a shirt, and a week back I ordered that starting strength book everyone talks about. It is teh shit!

I am a reformed meat head doing barbell curls in the squat rack, and doing 18 diffrent curls spread over 4 days. I now know the error of my ways. Thank god I found this forum and the very intelligent guys in it.

I look forward to posting a vid once I get a few weeks into this program.

Welcome. You should go ahead and make a log in the training log section soon so people can check in on your routines and results.

What do you guys think about me possibley doing Boxing novice division series this summer. I know that was supposed to happen in MT but then Mannaigan got the UFC deal and other projects going which left me out, I would be training at about twice a week at http://www.WSBoxingClub.com with the remainder of my traiing at home.. All that only with my tiwce weekly BBJ. I have time for it all b/c of 12 hour shifts i have a lot of days off work. The problem is my concussion history and getting my wife to not disown me.

Welcome. You should go ahead and make a log in the training log section soon so people can check in on your routines and results.

I will do that soon, once I get my starting weights setup and the form down.

What do you guys think about me possibley doing Boxing novice division series this summer.

As in, competing in amateur boxing? If so, go for it. Novice division is under 10 USA Boxing-sanctioned fights, so you wouldnt have a choice but to start in that.

I'd actually be in sub-novice for the first fight which is 3-1min rounds. FWIU the fights there are swing fests.

I want to but the more I think about it the more I realize to be worth the wrath of the wife I better be able to win. I'm going to need to see how my sparring progresses.

Can I make a nomination for sainthood?

I would like to nominate Bas Rutten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back