Lift/Fight/Compete for Charity

Status
Not open for further replies.

fat_wilhelm

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Some of you may be familiar with the website I started last November. Many of you are members already. If you have never checked it out, I encourage you to do so.

www.SaintWilhelms.org

Essentially, we are an internet strength society. The idea was to bring together a community of athletes that use strength in a variety of applications and get them to record videos under one unified name. You can learn a great deal more about it when you visit the site.

From the beginning, I said that this was not a money-making endeavour. If ever it became profitable, I would decide then how best to use the money that came in.

A couple members suggested that we use profits to help out charities, and two weeks ago, we decided to make it official.

Profits made through this club will be donated each year. For 2007, we are going to give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America in honor of our S&P brother, graedy. In future years, we will select a number of charities somehow related to what we do or who we are and hold a members

Aww... look at Willhelm being all sainty... well I'll be ordering my shirt as soon as I get the money. Gotta look good for my bwx20 overhead squat video. Got any xxxs?

Urban said:
Aww... look at Willhelm being all sainty... well I'll be ordering my shirt as soon as I get the money. Gotta look good for my bwx20 overhead squat video. Got any xxxs?

You must be eating like a moose to be gaining weight with all that GPP type shit you've been doing lately... A bwx20 OH squat = TEH SEXZOR!

bacon said:
You must be eating like a moose to be gaining weight with all that GPP type shit you've been doing lately... A bwx20 OH squat = TEH SEXZOR!

Oddly enough, I over the last 3-4 weeks I have only eaten a little more than normal, far from the metric ton of food you would think I needed to gain weight. I think this high volume strength endurance shit really helps put on some weight, which is no good if I ever want to get bw x 20 on the OHSq. Every time I gain a pound I think "there's another 20 lbs of volume I gotta lift."

My diet has gotten simple enough:
- More than 1 serving of spinach every day
- More than 1 serving of cruciferous vegetables every day
- more 1 cup of yogurt every day
- 5g of creatine every day
- relatively lean protein (85% or leaner) with every meal.

and yet here I am, in the middle of a weight gaining epidemic.

Urban said:
Oddly enough, I over the last 3-4 weeks I have only eaten a little more than normal, far from the metric ton of food you would think I needed to gain weight. I think this high volume strength endurance shit really helps put on some weight, which is no good if I ever want to get bw x 20 on the OHSq. Every time I gain a pound I think "there's another 20 lbs of volume I gotta lift."

My diet has gotten simple enough:
- More than 1 serving of spinach every day
- More than 1 serving of cruciferous vegetables every day
- more 1 cup of yogurt every day
- 5g of creatine every day
- relatively lean protein (85% or leaner) with every meal.

and yet here I am, in the middle of a weight gaining epidemic.

Did I mention I hate you? WTB urbans uncanny ability to add weight.

Plus a bump ttt for great justice.

If you're not in the Church, get your ASS IN GEAR!

Lusst said:
If you're not in the Church, get your ASS IN GEAR!

Literally. Get you ass in the Church's gear.

I'll admit that one of my motivational factors for getting my numbers up is so I can one day get a Wilhelm shirt and post a vid of some feat of strength. I've got a ways to go but it will happen one day.

Expect a weight lifting video from me very shortly

MacRea and myself will also be taping our cardio sessions, huge stair sets, car pushes, focus mit work etc. should be church worthly material.

Wow, you guys are really going somewhere with this stuff. That's pretty awesome. In a few years you guys will be celebrities. Maybe some day I'll get to join.

They are great charities to be helping out! Congrats Fatty on bringing to life a good idea!

Face said:
Maybe some day I'll get to join.

thats the thing its not about who can lift more, its all about effort, anyone that into pushing themselves to the limit should and is welcome to be a member.

ordered shirt today

will think of a feat to do later....

Standard said:
thats the thing its not about who can lift more, its all about effort, anyone that into pushing themselves to the limit should and is welcome to be a member.

Yeah, I know but it's still too intimidating when you can see all the great lifters. I've got time so I'll just wait until I feel comfortable with where I'm at. I dont have a camera either.

P.S. I didn't put it in the other thread but I saw it so Happy Birthday.

Face said:
Yeah, I know but it's still too intimidating

How do you think we'll all feel when the entire Seqium Crew posts a video? Don't overthink it man, the money goes to charity, and it's something fun.

Lusst said:
How do you think we'll all feel when the entire Seqium Crew posts a video? Don't overthink it man, the money goes to charity, and it's something fun.

Or Kara, for that matter. If you're intimidated by us, just wait 'til a chick starts kicking your ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back