Life Without Parole (LWOP)

do I know someone?
200.gif

nope

I got a cousin doing 30 years, an uncle doing 25 to life for murder, a brother in law doing 71 years for murder, another in law doing 26 years for murder, my best friend in high school caught a murder case but he was a juvenile so he only did around 10 years and another uncle that just got out after doing 10 years

I got a cousin doing 30 years, an uncle doing 25 to life for murder, a brother in law doing 71 years for murder, another in law doing 26 years for murder, my best friend in high school caught a murder case but he was a juvenile so he only did around 10 years and another uncle that just got out after doing 10 years

GOAT family reunion dinners.

This guy had been very mild mannered his whole life. But I guess he had another side to him.

He snapped on this guy who pulled a gun on him and killed him. Then he snapped and killed his ex gf after he was convicted of stalking her.

This is all crazy shit I never expected from this guy. Had a good job and seemed pretty level headed. He went completely psycho.

Goddamn. Yeah my friend was tried for the death penalty but the prosecution and judge fucked up and he ended up getting life.

He threw a laptop across the courtroom at the beginning of the trial then taunted the lead prosecutor after the verdict.....

Shit is insane. Bizarre thing is all his ex's and even his ex wife testified on his behalf and said he never exhibited any of this behavior in their relationships....
That's a wild story man, I wonder if he endured any head trauma before he went bonkers. I only ask because my best buddy's little brother, whom I knew from 4 years old and always a polite and mild tempered young man, until one day fell off of a tractor at 13 and suffered severe head trauma, when he recovered he was never the same mild tempered guy. My buds brother turned into a criminal almost over night, assaulting people, robbery, dwi, just turned into a rotten guy, to the point he was locked up. Even in court he didnt seem to care that he was going to prison, just laughed and took the sentence on the chin, no remorse for anything.

Last I heard he served 5 years and was out on parole, but currently just a useless meth head.

Without is one word. Shouldn't it be LWP?

Have any of you known anyone whose gotten life in prison?

A friend of mine did some fucked up shit and was sentenced a couple weeks ago.

It's been hard to wrap my head around it. I don't know what the fuck he was thinking. Anyway his life is essentially over. He's got two boys.

It's just been tough. Anyone have a similar experience?
Guy I knew when I was in Fairton in 2000 had a life/no parole sentence from 96. BUT in a great turn of events he got a new trial in 2012 (not sure of the details, but actually heard about him being free when I heard him on an NPR interview of all things LOL!)

I get that people make mistakes but when you kill someone else the only real justice is the same death that was given.

Sure, I guess if you are somewhere in the middle east. In the U.S. the 8th Amendment is protection against cruel and unusual punishment. Its to prevent the penal system from doing exactly what you want to be done.

because the cops are lazy and/or corrupt, plenty of people have been coerced in saying they did stuff they didn't, even murder.

Private prison industry in the US. That and every so often you hear about a guy who spent 30 years and then was exonerated. Guess ruining his life is easier on the conscience than ending it.

What he wants is the same death you did so if you stabbed the person then you are stabbed but the reason we don't do that is because of the 8th Amendment to the Constitution. Its an attempt to prevent us from becoming barbaric.

Sure, I guess if you are somewhere in the middle east. In the U.S. the 8th Amendment is protection against cruel and unusual punishment. Its to prevent the penal system from doing exactly what you want to be done.
Yeah, I'd hate to see some torturous serial killers feel any momentary discomfort...which is exactly why they feel so impervious to commit such crimes

My relative. He didnt technically get life but he got so many years it may as well be life. He will be like 70 when he gets out. Went in real young too...younger than I am now. Double murder. Real sad situation, nearly killed my aunt and uncle emotionally. Hes not a bad guy at all either. It was a really shitty situation he was forced in to, and he made a bad choice when his back was against the wall

Yeah, I'd hate to see some torturous serial killers feel any momentary discomfort...which is exactly why they feel so impervious to commit such crimes

Surely you can understand the purpose of the 8th amendment.

Just remembered another one
Back in the 90's my ex-wifes cousin killed his girl and got rid of the body
Eventually he was arrested and charged and he swore to his parents that he didnt do it so they sold their house and spent their life savings trying to get him freed
Eventually he admitted to it after they had spent over six figures on his lawyers
I dont blame the dude because he was fighting for his life but a lotta the family hated him for bankrupting his parents

A couple years after I graduated HS two guys I went to school with got into a fight and one shot and killed the other. He was sentenced to life. I didn’t know him great but that was close to 15 years ago. Guy threw away his life over some stupid shit.

Have any of you known anyone whose gotten life in prison?

A friend of mine did some fucked up shit and was sentenced a couple weeks ago.

It's been hard to wrap my head around it. I don't know what the fuck he was thinking. Anyway his life is essentially over. He's got two boys.

It's just been tough. Anyone have a similar experience?

If your friend got LWOP, he/she probably raped and murdered ole lady.

Back