Life Changing Books.

I could not imagine a book changing my life. That seems pretty extreme.

I don't read a lot of novels but as a young man I read a few. My 2 choices are Neutron Solstice and Cujo because they are the only 2 novels I can remember reading.

The War of Art - succinct, poignant. The best book on the subject in my opinion

The Art of Loving - makes you think about love and life.

The Power of Now - the message of the book can surmised into a paragraph. I don't think the book itself is the greatest on the subject but the message was poignant, especially for where I was in my life at the time. It was also given to me by someone very special.

179166._UY400_SS400_.jpg

Which books have changed your life? And how did those books change your life?

Crash Proof - Peter Schiff. Because of that book I understand the 2008 economic crisis and understand economics better. And that book lead me to Austrian Economics, which in my opinion is the best style of economics.

Economics in One Lesson - Henry Hazlitt. This book is in my opinion the best book on economics in the world. I feel that I understand economics better than most people, because of this book.

The Compound Effect - Darren Hardy. The book is about making good decisions, even the small decisions. Because all those decisions add up and compound on eachother. If you for example for 3 years try to make only good decisons. You're life will be changed and you will be a better person. It changed my life. I have now a better life and I'm now a better person.
Dope I just bought the compound effect audio book just stumbled across it.

First one was Too Kill A Mockinbird. Then The Way of The Peaceful Warrior. Next was Siddhartha.

Which books have changed your life? And how did those books change your life?

Crash Proof - Peter Schiff. Because of that book I understand the 2008 economic crisis and understand economics better. And that book lead me to Austrian Economics, which in my opinion is the best style of economics.

Economics in One Lesson - Henry Hazlitt. This book is in my opinion the best book on economics in the world. I feel that I understand economics better than most people, because of this book.

The Compound Effect - Darren Hardy. The book is about making good decisions, even the small decisions. Because all those decisions add up and compound on eachother. If you for example for 3 years try to make only good decisons. You're life will be changed and you will be a better person. It changed my life. I have now a better life and I'm now a better person.

So really, you haven't learned anything.

It's a bit cliché but 1984 was the book that really got to me.
Fuck you Winston how could you succumb to the man!

<Durant35>

I'd like to see how you'd do with a rat about to chew its way through you.

For me, Siddhartha, Of Human Bondage, and The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress.

bible6.jpg

There's a lot of wisdom in the bible. I am no theologian, but I can appreciate aspects of the Holy Book.

Back