Life after Death: No Heaven, just infinite blackness

CodeBreaker

What belt?
@Brown
Reaction score
Do you believe in Life after Death?

Most of my life, I've been believing that after we die, our consciousness remain and that our "spirit" lives on.
Whether there's heaven or hell, our consciousness is still here in this world, and we just know the thought that we are in the after-life.

Until yesterday, I was able to talk to my friend who experienced death for a couple of minutes, after being unconscious for several months due to this sickness that I forgot its name. His brain shut down, his pulse, heart beat, etc. just stopped and was technically dead. But for some unknown reason, he was resurrected and came back to life until he recovered in the hospital.

So I asked him, "where were you during those times?"
He answered, "in the hospital."

I cleared, "No, where were your consciousness? Your spirit? Were you able to see yourself in the hospital bed? Did you see your family crying beside your body? Did you see a bright light, or a paradise? Heaven?

And he just answered, "None."
"It was all black. It's like a dreamless sleep. I just woke up and felt like I had a very long deep sleep. I didn't feel anything. I did not even know why I was lying on the hospital bed."

All my life, I believed that there is life after death. But what my friend said changed everything.
It scared me a bit knowing the fact that, when you die, your existence just disappears forever.
Do you believe in life after death?

No it's black. Nothingness.

Not a bad deal, really. No Hell. No Heaven. R.I.P.

So, your friends pulse was gone for two minutes, and suddenly he's the authority on life after death?

<DontBelieve1>

Yes I get the irony of that clip.

Last edited:
You should chill out and enjoy the trees and birds and sky......I should talk.....sitting counting money like an old man.

So, your friends pulse was gone for two minutes, and suddenly he's the authority on life after death?

<DontBelieve1>
I still choose not to believe him, but listening to someone who has experienced that is kinda.. uh you know.

At the risk of sounding morbid: I'm looking forward to finding out.

Codebreaker, is it possible your friend could have one afterlife, you another, I a third and so on? Different states of consciousness, could be a factor? (just hypothesising here)

Live life and enjoy your time.

Once we're gone, we're gone. It's over boys.

There is no hell. Imo we reincarnate. But I would never say that, or any other afterlife hypothesis with 100% certainty. We just don't know. But I have had some personal experiences that make me question religion.

Your friend was “dead” for two minutes.

<Deported1>

It's really the same as all those who say they seen heaven and shit, anyone who is around to tell you about what it's like to be dead NEVER really died, don't give me all this crap about your heart stopping and shit, the only people who know what happens when you die are the ones who don't get to come back and tell you about it.

It's really the same as all those who say they seen heaven and shit, anyone who is around to tell you about what it's like to be dead NEVER really died, don't give me all this crap about your heart stopping and shit, the only people who know what happens when you die are the ones who don't get to come back and tell you about it.
They are gone. No other dimensions, other worlds, etc. Their existence disappeared together with their bodies buried 6 feet underground.

Back