Liddell - "It's gonna be hard for Conor to catch Khabib coming in on that low single"

That is really Khabibs best shot - Spamming low single dives.

He doesn't want to be standing up tall and trying to body lock McG, or his chin will be like a huge bullseye, and Conors left hand is laser guided accurate.
No it's not. He can also just walk conor down with his high guard, then shoot for a waist lock as soon as conor throws his left. Conor sits heavy on his right leg when he throws his left. Once you don't panic and figure not to jump into conor fist, you effectively reduce his power in half. Conor is the power puncher who doesn't like being pressured.

Khabib will be enlightened if Conor catches him clean. Whether it puts him out is anybody's guess but I can assure it will seriously change khabibs game plan.
I don't think khabib has ever really tasted anyone's power seeing as most his career he's worn head gear and as is true hadn't been tested in mma

Conor's best chance will be in R3 and beyond, when Khabib's TD attempts are slower, he his standing upright with his chin high and his hands low. If I were Conor, I would be crushing the cardio so that I was ready for THAT opportunity, not the lead uppercut while Khabib dips into a ankle pick range.

No it's not. He can also just walk conor down with his high guard, then shoot for a waist lock as soon as conor throws his left. Conor sits heavy on his right leg when he throws his left. Once you don't panic and figure not to jump into conor fist, you effectively reduce his power in half. Conor is the power puncher who doesn't like being pressured.
Its not that simple. Khabib isnt defensively intelligent to walk conor down like mayweather did, especially early. Nate really was only able to pressure after conor got tired. Hes better off sitting on the outside and timing a shot under his left.

To be fair, I think Conor is much quicker than Al on the feet.

If Khabib gets him to the cage, then it's a different story.

But Conor should be able to avoid those shots from the center of the octagon

(from this range especially. I don't see how Khabib would be able to get ahold of conor here)
View attachment 437303
Says the Conor fan, who probably just started watching MMA when Conor blew up. Totally ignoring the fact Khabib just singled a former Wrestler, from the exact spot you say Conor (who has never wrestled) has no problem avoiding the shot from.

Khabib takes Conor down at will, from anywhere in the Cage.

Conor would have caught Khabib with a lazer-precise and lightning fast left if he was in Al's place in that gif.

Why do people pretend Khabib has any chance? lol Conor is obviously gonna win, it's just a matter of how hard Khabib will make him work for it.
is this for real? he cant catch khabib in that stance

Any way of knowing if this will be the bigger or smaller cage. I think it could play a factor. As stated previously, Singles are hard to come by in the center of the cage when the guy shooting them is significantly slower upon entry. However the way the hip joint articulates almost always favours the guy coming forward.

Conor's best chance will be in R3 and beyond, when Khabib's TD attempts are slower, he his standing upright with his chin high and his hands low. If I were Conor, I would be crushing the cardio so that I was ready for THAT opportunity, not the lead uppercut while Khabib dips into a ankle pick range.
This makes sense.....
The only thing stopping this, is how much stank Conor has on his punches in the third round.... Especially if Conor is smothered by Khabib on the ground for the first two rounds...Khabibs GNP is far more brutal than Chads.

Its not that simple. Khabib isnt defensively intelligent to walk conor down like mayweather did, especially early. Nate really was only able to pressure after conor got tired. Hes better off sitting on the outside and timing a shot under his left.

And nate was able to do that once he started using his high guard and blocking conors left, as it should be blocked. Conor power is vastly over rated and is not as efffective once you don't sit on the outside and shoot in. That's how he catches you, running in. Also khabib is bigger than conor with a solid chin. I wouldn't be surprised if Conors chin is the one showing wear in this fight.

Walking a puncher down with a high guard with no boxing gloves is a shit idea. Floyd fought Judah and Conor that way cause they were southpaws and a high guard is much easier due to having massive gloves.

Plus his hands will be in a unfamiliar position when he starts his entry into the single, or he will telegraph it by dropping them first. So Conor will teep to body.

Khabib will get a hold of him anyway.

One of the most ignored aspects of the yaquinta fight was how khabib went about procuring the takedown. Despite the defensive stance al adopted, eagle was able to catch him and drag his carcass to the ground without leaving any room for the counter .

1537126746281638.gif

The flipside here is Conor likes to dart in and out when striking. He doesn't do it predictably where it's a set bouncy pattern. He'll bounce in and strike, and step back looking for the counter.

Khabib does NOT step into his strikes. He takes a conventional stance when he swings. The only time he does come in is when he fakes up and goes low. A lot of his opponents freeze for a split second reacting to upstairs and are successfully grabbed. I think Conor will be prepared for those fakes. Now we'll get to see if Khabib just powers through it, or is Conor's power for real.

To be fair, I think Conor is much quicker than Al on the feet.

If Khabib gets him to the cage, then it's a different story.

But Conor should be able to avoid those shots from the center of the octagon

(from this range especially. I don't see how Khabib would be able to get ahold of conor here)
View attachment 437303
Hell no he can't avoid what the vid is showing what Khabib did to Al, don't be an Idiot. Al has a real wrestling background (a good one at that), and you see how great he did. Conors footwork won't save him from a single like that. lol

Last edited:
Back