Liberals - you sound just as dumb & hopeless as climate change deniers when it comes to Islam

That's not how MOE and confidence works. Just because something is 95% confidence doesn't mean it's a sure thing. You have to account for the other variables of the problem. When you look at the numbers, would you ever accept anything like a 0.004% representation of your population for a survey? No.

It pretty much is worthless when you're talking about opinions. You can't represent an entire population's opinions off a substantially insignificant figure. You need a larger sample size to make any real claims. I don't care if the results said they love Western values, the study is grossly flawed and too small to make any real claims.
We're talking about polling here, not experimental results. It's only meant to be roughly accurate, and it serves its purpose pretty well. Does it matter if 70% or 76% of a population supports stoning for adultery? Not really, not when we're studying general attitudes. That's plenty close enough to be useful information. We're not taking that information and building a bridge with it.

You might need to brush up a little on statistics btw. You're not even looking at the right things, and that is in fact how MOE & polling works.

ask ANY defender: what Islamic countries have you been to, and how long did you visit/live there?

the complete lack of answers or deflecting is always hilarious

or the patented 'but but Singapore' is always great too

Ya, but you were there as an occupying force - that's not really the same thing as immersing yourself in one's culture. If me and my friends planted a flag in your living room, I highly doubt you would be very accommodating.

I'm not going to debate/defend Muslim culture as practiced in another country as I'm sure it's something that I personally wouldn't be comfortable with.

However, I have had a few friends who were Muslim, and they seemed like perfectly normal people to me who simply prayed 5 times/day. Maybe it was because they are westernized, I don't know, but I certainly didn't have any problem hanging out/riding bikes/etc with those couple guys and it never entered my mind that they must be bad people because of islam.

I think when you get to know people on a personal level, you find out that they are just people. They have the same problems/fears/want to feed their family/live happily/etc as everyone else. Of course there are crazies in this world and some people use it to justify violence. Maybe Muslims do it more, just sharing my opinions.

We're talking about polling here, not experimental results. It's only meant to be roughly accurate, and it serves its purpose pretty well. Does it matter if 70% or 76% of a population supports stoning for adultery? Not really, not when we're studying general attitudes. That's plenty close enough to be useful information. We're not taking that information and building a bridge with it.

You might need to brush up a little on statistics btw. You're not even looking at the right things, and that is in fact how MOE & polling works.

I know how basic MOE and confidence works. When you start getting further into statistics you learn that it's not a definitive thing. There's several other highly influential factors in determining the true MOE.

It doesn't serve it's purpose very well when you take less than a single percentage of representation for a population. When you're talking about an MOE at 5% to 10% and have less than 1% of population representation, it's not accurate enough to use those answers to say hundreds of millions of people believe we should bring Sharia law into effect and stone disbelievers to death. I wouldn't accept that study for "how many people like chocolate"

Ya, but you were there as an occupying force - that's not really the same thing as immersing yourself in one's culture. If me and my friends planted a flag in your living room, I highly doubt you would be very accommodating.

I'm not going to debate/defend Muslim culture as practiced in another country as I'm sure it's something that I personally wouldn't be comfortable with.

However, I have had a few friends who were Muslim, and they seemed like perfectly normal people to me who simply prayed 5 times/day. Maybe it was because they are westernized, I don't know, but I certainly didn't have any problem hanging out/riding bikes/etc with those couple guys and it never entered my mind that they must be bad people because of islam.

I think when you get to know people on a personal level, you find out that they are just people. They have the same problems/fears/want to feed their family/live happily/etc as everyone else. Of course there are crazies in this world and some people use it to justify violence. Maybe Muslims do it more, just sharing my opinions.
In afghanistan, "yes" as we were actually training their national army by that pt

But i CHOSE to visit on my own turkey, algeria, tunisia. And Morocco, but i had to cancel after a bombing and State Dept travel advisory.

We werent occupying kuwait, bahrain or Kyrgyzstan when i was in those countries either.

Well I can't say I'm surprised you'd be impressed at the 10th grade level work in the OP, matches your reading level well it seems.
Lol, this is the only response you losers have left because you have no argument to defend Islam.

Lol, this is the only response you losers have left because you have no argument to defend Islam.
No, its because I don't expect to have any constructive conversation with you based on your posting history so I don't even bother trying with the likes of you.

In afghanistan, "yes" as we were actually training their national army by that pt

But i CHOSE to visit on my own turkey, algeria, tunisia. And Morocco, but i had to cancel after a bombing and State Dept travel advisory.

We werent occupying kuwait, bahrain or Kyrgyzstan when i was in those countries either.

Maybe my experiences differ because the only muslims I've interacted with were westernized, and in the US.

Not saying you're wrong, but I'm curious as to how you were treated on an individual basis in these countries? Or was it more just a culture as a whole?

Like I said, I think when you interact with *most* people on a personal level, you find out that we are really not that different, it seems to be the controlling few who like to aggravate our differences.

I think I have more in common with a guy who works for a living and is worried about feeding his family, regardless of what country he may or may not live in, than someone like Donald Trump who shits on a gold plated throne.

No, its because I don't expect to have any constructive conversation with you based on your posting history so I don't even bother trying with the likes of you.
Right, I'm sure you have an awesome argument as to why Islam is so great. I hear Manchester is nice this time of year?

Maybe my experiences differ because the only muslims I've interacted with were westernized, and in the US.

Not saying you're wrong, but I'm curious as to how you were treated on an individual basis in these countries? Or was it more just a culture as a whole?

Like I said, I think when you interact with *most* people on a personal level, you find out that we are really not that different, it seems to be the controlling few who like to aggravate our differences.

I think I have more in common with a guy who works for a living and is worried about feeding his family, regardless of what country he may or may not live in, than someone like Donald Trump who shits on a gold plated throne.
Its the culture and general economic conditions, not the people

Which is why westernized muslims are pretty much the same as other religious observers.

Islam is taught exclusively in many of their schools, if they even have them, not academic subjects. No first world nation, conversely, exists as a theocracy unless we count microstates like andorra and the vatican

Right, I'm sure you have an awesome argument as to why Islam is so great. I hear Manchester is nice this time of year?
I wouldn't know, thankfully I was born in the GOAT country and not that damp rock of a country.

Religion of any kind is a tool for the elite to oppress and control the uneducated poor. Trump is not a wordsmith but he is right on the money when he calls these terrorists "losers". These are always people, regardless of their religion or ethnicity, that fail to fit into any part of society. The terrorist cell leaders use it to recruit cannon fodder, and the US government uses it to justify continued and enhanced military presence across the globe. Both target audiences happen to be uneducated and poor. Coincidence?

Literally every single Islam apologist quote you can think of from this point on, ever, by @Tayski, posts liked by @FootstompShonie @Essie

http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/129743127/

Please don't tag me in a conversation which is not going to go anywhere.

You have your beliefs and clearly you don't plan on changing them.

Some of those beliefs seem to be that fascism is a solution to a country's problem as you wanted Le Pen to become France's president, the leader of a party which for decades denied the holocaust, and very much tries to copy the Vichy regime which collaborated with the nazis during WW2 and helped them in eradicating any people who weren't "Aryan"; Jews, coloured people, Slavs, Romanis, etc.

I do not want to waste more time trying to educate someone whose main source of information from which his opinions are based come from a controlled and manipulated media which portrays all Muslims as terrorists and invaders of Europe as well as Europe being on fire with daily riots.

You had several people who live in Europe telling you how it is in Europe currently in that same "Le Pen" thread, and yet you still chose to believe your American news about Europe.

I hate pointing fingers, and I am not an anti-American, however you have to realise my friend that a lot of the world's problems come from your country. Let me list some of those for you:
  • USA was one of the main actors in bombing the shit out of Syria. What do we get then? People fleeing and going towards where they believe there is the most wealth and potential future for their upbringing: Europe. Thank you America.
  • Then you might say, "yeah but those terrorist groups, we gotta do something about those that's why we bomb and go to war". Most of those terrorist groups were created by your government. Al Quaeda is a perfect example.
  • North Korea, another touchy subject. "Oh my god Kim Jong-un tests missiles, let's send some aircraft carriers around there". Why are we in this situation now?
    I'll let you do your own research and see why it is how it is today.
I am very thankful for what the Americans did in WW2 by liberating my country of origin, France - even though they clearly saw the potential of economical benefit and the fact they could then have Europe by the balls.

Still I'm thankful.

But after WW2 up until now, USA has created more problems and wars than they have solved.

Anyway, you said there were riots on a daily basis in Rinkeby (Sweden), annd that the police doesn't go there anymore and you are not allowed to film anyone. I told you this isn't true, and here's something for you:

https://www.thelocal.se/20170509/this-swedish-video-shows-a-different-side-of-rinkeby

My best advice is to not swallow everything the news channels throw at you and instead travel the world, talk to people and embrace other cultures.

We hear all the time about how climate change deniers ignore reality, and how their stupidity and obliviousness is not just stupid, but dangerous. It must suck coming to the realization that you Islam apologists are doing the exact same thing. You deny facts about how dangerous Islamists are, then invite them into countries. Outside of, what, ~5 War Room liberal regulars, none of you have any fucking idea what you're talking about when it comes to Islam.

You guys are like robots. Whenever the topic of Islam comes up, you have your automated defense mechanisms all ready to go. No matter how many times they get debunked, you keep repeating them. Just to once again go through all the common ones off the top of my head:

"But it's not all Muslims!" - literally no one has ever said it's 100% of Muslims.

"You are more likely to die from _______ than an Islamic terrorist in the US!" - Muslims are 1% of the population. They are still over-represented in terrorist attacks in the US despite this fact.

"They act the way they do because we get involved too much/because of ISLAMOPHOBIA!" - How does this explain the Muslims that slaughter other Muslims in droves? How does this explain Sweden and Germany who have welcomed them with open arms and still get fucked with? Spoiler: It doesn't

"But other religions have terrorists too!" - An amount that is so hilariously insignificant that it's not worth bringing up as a comparison by any stretch of the imagination. There is nothing in the New Testament that tells you to fuck with people. Religions have had reformations. Islam has not. The Koran is interpreted literally.

"But Timothy McVeigh!" - <36>

And the list goes on and on, really. You guys deny reality and betray liberal principles just for the sake of not looking like a "bigot." Your utter refusal to identify a problem without labeling people as bigots is one that has directly lead to people dying.

It gets worse than just the morons in the War Room/social media though. If you've ever watched Bill Maher for example, you'll see tons of liberal """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""intellectuals""""""""""""""""""""""""""" and apologists that genuinely have no idea what they are talking about. Their responses to the facts that Maher brings up are completely nonsensical. No matter how many times Maher has to hammer it into their brain that he's not talking about all Muslims or "painting with too broad a brush," they still say he is. They repeat much of what I already said above, but with even more insane apologist talking points. "Have you heard of Westboro Baptist Church? It's like this group of Christian fundamentalists, they're just as bad as Islam!"

Sometimes the liberals on his show eventually realize they have no fucking idea what they're talking about, and eventually say "what do you want to DO then? Just bomb them?" lmao. You guys really are hopeless.

Here are the facts: Islam is a problem. Does that mean 100% of the people who follow Islam are bad? No. It means you need to stop pretending the extremists are some tiny, minuscule fringe. We have jihadists, but we also have people who want to implement Sharia Law. Extremists are not just limited to people who are willing to explode and take a bunch of women and children with them, as people have been led to believe. Wanting to kill apostates, and the horrible views about human rights they have are also extreme. You can't reference "There are 1.5 BILLION Muslims in the world!!!!!!!" as a talking point and then ignore the fact that like 15% of fucking Turks think suicide bombing is justified. Turkey is kind of a big country if you haven't noticed.

A little critical thinking just absolutely eviscerates all of your arguments in defense of Islam. Kind of strange coming from the people who make fun of the delusional Christian right wing, huh?

Oh, and obligatory:

aHeKiBX.jpg

11ukmeh.jpg

mai9sm.jpg

xml5c2.jpg

https://www.bka.de/DE/AktuelleInfor...heKriminalstatistik/PKS2014/pks2014_node.html

Migrant crime in Germany rises by 50 per cent, new figures show

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/25/migrant-crime-germany-rises-50-per-cent-new-figures-show/

This is one of the reasons reformation for Islam has to come within. Genuine kind-loving and moderate Muslims will get no actual help from liberals in the west, who have largely abandoned them. The pro-Islam rhetoric deters people from trying to make a difference. Sad.

Your solution to the problem sounds a bit Hitlery though so I'm torn.

Back