Liberals Three Times More Likely Than Conservatives to 'Unfriend' on Social Media Over Politics

• Thread starter Deleted member 457759
  • Start date
I would probably unfriend anyone trying to make a political discussion on my nonpolitical social media.

Study shows that liberals unfriend more than conservatives and the leftists around here are like "naaaah, can't be true".

Conservatives shutting down their facebook pages isn't the same thing at all and happens for different reasons. Most conservatives don't trust government and surveillance type entities. They value privacy more while cosmopolitan libtards beg the government to put more cameras up everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
consider:

Liberals, living mostly in urban centers, are far more likely to have a diverse social circle

Extreme right-wing views: Racists, Sexist, and Homophobic ideals are somewhat harder to "live with" than the things liberals do that annoy conservatives.

and then there's this guy, seriously what would the left wing version of trump be? Does one exist?

donald-trump-funny-angry-face.jpg

Fuck Facebook.

Segregation used to be a "political difference." And yes, you should stop being friends with people who think segregation is a good idea.

I agree. Time to end the reservation model.

Leftists have become what they hate. Science denying, Intolerant, zealots of their ideology.

Fuck Facebook.

I agree. Time to end the reservation model.

I'd agree, but really who wants to live on a rez? Not me, I've never seen one that wasn't a piece of shit compared to it's surroundings.

Study shows that liberals unfriend more than conservatives and the leftists around here are like "naaaah, can't be true".

Maybe you should hash out how you came to the conclusion you did. I mean, most people are giving alternative explanations as to why this is happening and not actually denying it's happening.

liberals cant be arsed dealing with morons........colour me shocked

I didn't block anyone, but it did prompt me to get off of Facebook permanently. Just about everyone I knew became an insufferable douche bag.

Some of my liberal friends were decrying the end of the nation as we knew it. The attitude of complete defeat irritated me; there's another election in 4 years. I wasn't a fan of the result myself, but buckle down and do the next one better. That's where the energy should have been focused. Or at least, we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that we're still in a democracy. Jesus Christ, I mocked people like Rip who kept talking about how Obama was certainly going to become a dictator and force a third term. I can't overlook that when people I more or less agree with start throwing the same accusations the other way.

And some of my conservative friends, who days before the election were asking people to "stop talking about politics and start posting about food again" suddenly went meme happy in the days following the election and forgot about their own pleas. It was a weird about-face, where my conservative friends were decrying how liberals had treated them for the last 8 years - and then began treating liberals in a manner that they admit is smug and unacceptable.

Everyone either outed themselves as cry babies or hypocrites. I have better things to do with my time than read the thoughts of unprincipled whiners.

...now back to posting in the war room where everything is balanced and sane.
The War Room is truly far superior to Facebook for political discussion despite how toxic this place can get. I pretty much always regret getting into political discussions there when I make the mistake of wading in.
i actually see this all the time, but I think it's just the average liberal voter takes the issues more seriously?

or they are weakminded, either one, strong willed people don't get offended nor 'delete' or 'block' people on SM. That's mad childish
Why though? Social media is supposed to be a pleasant experience, why should someone accept annoying posts from other people? Not everyone wants to use social media for "muh marketplace of ideas", some people just want to share pop culture memes and recipes.

I don't unfriend people but there is one person whose posts I use the 30 day hide feature for when they bug me. This person is nice in person but kind of an obnoxious SJW type on Facebook and trying to argue never works out well so I just hide their posts when they bug me. Once the 30 days are up I give them another chance and then hide the posts again if they bug me again.

Conservatives shutting down their facebook pages isn't the same thing at all and happens for different reasons. Most conservatives don't trust government and surveillance type entities. They value privacy more while cosmopolitan libtards beg the government to put more cameras up everywhere.
You are one of the most divisive people on this board and seem to exist for the sole purpose of demonizing those on the other side of the political spectrum , you shouldn't be pointing the finger at anyone .

You are one of the most divisive people on this board and seem to exist for the sole purpose of demonizing those on the other side of the political spectrum , you shouldn't be pointing the finger at anyone .

In my personal life I have friends from all walks of life. Yes I demonize Radical leftists and radical feminists. They earn it every second. My country is being destroyed as we speak by them.

In my personal life I have friends from all walks of life. Yes I demonize Radical leftists and radical feminists. They earn it every second. My country is being destroyed as we speak by them.
No you demonize anyone on " the other side "

Whoa no way, you're a Trudeau supporter?

You're a supporter of concealing intelligence reports to bring ISIS fighters into the country?

Because that isnt "derp".
Are you going full retard?

No you demonize anyone on " the other side "

I'm mostly a centrist with some very strong libertarian views. But it's not demonization when they act like pieces of shit and destroy 2000 years of progress in government, I just viciously call them out on their rhetoric and lies.

I'm mostly a centrist with some very strong libertarian views. But it's not demonization when they act like pieces of shit and destroy 2000 years of progress in government, I just viciously call them out on their rhetoric and lies.
Okay so who are the " leftists " in this thread, might as well define leftist while your at it .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back