Liberal Anchor Admits "Our Job" Is To "Control Exactly What People Think"

Do you honestly think a similar example couldn't be found from any 24 hour news industry teevee source?
eh, its a little different to hear a "journalist" come right out and say they don't necessarily report the truth.

This comment come pretty close to breaking reality as we know it. It's like dividing by 0 while going back in time and killing your younger self.

Lets start with the fact that it is TheStruggle that is calling a group of over-educated people useless. Just fucking let that sink in for a second. The you have the fact that he called them over-educated, but somehow they don't know more then a man that does not understand how the tides work. These two point alone create and intelligence sucking paradox that looks to cover reality is a blanket of stupid. Let alone considering he called these people news Anchors, that read from prompters, and yet are over-educated.

Logic, reason and language was not just killed here, they were tortured, mangled and finally burned at the stake if idiocy.
*of

eh, its a little different to hear a "journalist" come right out and say they don't necessarily report the truth.
Meh, a talking head who reads the news and adds her liberal opinion because that's what she's paid for?
Not too thrilling an "admission".

Imnotsurprised.gif

Anyone who doesn't realize the MSM's job is to convince, rather than inform, isn't paying attention (or is in denial)
Duh. It's just that it's not to convince people of what Trumpers claim it is.

Im 34 can i be President right now? No. I know 12 year olds that are smarter than the people in the White House for the last 50 years. Older people don't understand our generation.
Older people aren't running the nation for the younger generation. They're running it for themselves, with their ideals on what our nation should look like. They want to hand over THAT vision to the next generation. They've never been interested in building the nation to fit the ideals of youth. Nor should they really given how mercurial the ideals, wants, hates and passions of youth are. At most, they try to offer the younger generation just enough to placate them and make them behave in the car because they really don't want to have to stop and turn around to give them a good smack.;)

Meh, a talking head who reads the news and adds her liberal opinion because that's what she's paid for?
Not too thrilling an "admission".
She's the voice of the particular news outlet airing her words. Have they come out and said they don't agree with her opinion?

Im 34 can i be President right now? No. I know 12 year olds that are smarter than the people in the White House for the last 50 years. Older people don't understand our generation.

Huh? What's this "our generation" stuff? You're 34 . . . not anywhere close to the same generation of a current 12 year old.

The simple comment of honestly thinking a 12 year-old could be smarter than the people in the White House over the last 50 years says more about what you don't understand than what "older people" are getting wrong.

Now, are there some very sharp kids out there who are smarter than someone twice or four times their age? Sure . . . doesn't mean they know the ins and outs of life and how to manage anything or deal with social issues.

Well, obviously MSNBC does try to present all news to favor the liberal side of things. They are clearly a liberal news source, which means they are biased and somewhat useless overall. But I don't think this anchor was admitting to that, I think she was just saying it's their jobs to report the news (not Trump's) and spoke poorly because she was rushed to finish her thought.

So this isn't an "admission" at all, it's just a poorly worded sentence that was interrupted and accidentally means something that's probably more accurate than what she was trying to say. If that makes sense.

In fact empirical studies have been conducted. While Fox News is biased, it is not as bad as the Liberal media sources.
This is just false. While there are more media sources with a liberal bias, conservative sources, including Fox have a stronger bias.

Although this kind of thing is extraordinarily hard to measure, and the studies rely on tracking viewing habits, so really, what they are measuring is confirmation bias.

download

This study is from 2014, but it is still the most widely cited as far as I know.
http://www.businessinsider.com/what...et-says-about-your-political-ideology-2014-10

I would love to see some good linguistic studies done on media sources. For example, how many adjectives and adverbs does a source use versus nouns? How many informal terms (such as Obamacare) versus formal terms (like the ACA). How many qualifying terms are used like reportedly and speculate...

These things would paint an interesting picture of media bias.

Huh? What's this "our generation" stuff? You're 34 . . . not anywhere close to the same generation of a current 12 year old.

The simple comment of honestly thinking a 12 year-old could be smarter than the people in the White House over the last 50 years says more about what you don't understand than what "older people" are getting wrong.

Now, are there some very sharp kids out there who are smarter than someone twice or four times their age? Sure . . . doesn't mean they know the ins and outs of life and how to manage anything or deal with social issues.
When college campuses stop passively and actively supporting riot violence and arson groups like Antifas I might actually consider them level-headed enough to run a lemonade stand for a local scout troop.

The media ought to be satisfied in making men think about their actions, stimulating their minds with information which allows them to continue to grow as human beings, instead of forcing a particular end result to their thinking process. Once it becomes all about the latter, the media fail the role that they are supposed to play in a society, and become expendable. They may well be replaced by any man with an IPhone and an agenda to push, as we have seen in recent years.

How would you have answered the same question, and would the answer matter?
It matter because the world's eye is on the american media right now.

Same reason people get up in arms when someone from the Trump admin doesn't choose their words wisely.

This is just false. While there are more media sources with a liberal bias, conservative sources, including Fox have a stronger bias.

Although this kind of thing is extraordinarily hard to measure, and the studies rely on tracking viewing habits, so really, what they are measuring is confirmation bias.

download

This study is from 2014, but it is still the most widely cited as far as I know.
http://www.businessinsider.com/what...et-says-about-your-political-ideology-2014-10

I would love to see some good linguistic studies done on media sources. For example, how many adjectives and adverbs does a source use versus nouns? How many informal terms (such as Obamacare) versus formal terms (like the ACA). How many qualifying terms are used like reportedly and speculate...

These things would paint an interesting picture of media bias.

Actually, what I said was true and proven to be so long ago.

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/Media-Bias-Is-Real-Finds-UCLA-6664

She isn't considered a journalist. She's a co host of an entertainment show.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back