Liam McGeary injured, fight vs. Bubba McDaniel scratched from next week's Bellator 185

AGEZ909

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
liam-mcgeary-bellator-1791.jpg

Liam McGeary just can’t catch a break.

After losing out on a high-profile fightwith Muhammad Lawal on short notice, McGeary (12-2 MMA, 9-2 BMMA) has suffered an injury of his own and will not be able to compete at Bellator 185 next week. His fight against replacement opponent Bubba McDaniel(28-10 MMA, 3-1 BMMA) has been removed from the card.

The exact nature of McGeary’s injury is unknown, but it’s severe enough that the former Bellator light heavyweight champion won’t be able to fight, MMAjunkie today verified with a Bellator official.

Bellator 185 takes place Oct. 20 at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn. The main card airs on Spike following prelims on MMAjunkie.

McDaniel will be booked for a future Bellator card, though it’s unlikely he still will fight McGeary, who he was moving up from the middleweight division to take on in a short-notice situation.

With the scratch, the latest Bellator 185 card now includes:

MAIN CARD (9 p.m. ET, Spike)

• Gegard Mousasi vs. Alexander Shlemenko
  • David Rickels vs. Brennan Ward
  • Heather Hardy vs. Kristina Williams
  • Neiman Gracie vs. Javier Torres
  • Ana Julaton vs. Lisa Blaine
PRELIMINARY CARD (MMAjunkie)

• Ryan Quinn vs. Marcus Surin
  • Steve Skrzat vs. Costello Van Steenis
  • Alec Hooben vs. Jordan Young

Liam McGeary injured, fight vs. Bubba McDaniel scratched from next week's Bellator 185

Mma gods are speaking.

Throw McGeary on the uk card. Add a bit of hometown talent to it.

Meh, don't care. I just hope they reschedule McGeary vs King Mo. McGeary/Bubba sucked.
giphy.gif

Wow this card turned to garbage. Another flying turd from Coker and co. People were hyping their fall event lineup and look at how this card panned out. Who the hell are the chicks moving up to the main card? Why not put Jordan Young there? Smh Mousasi vs Storm is amazing but this main card is abysmal.

That sucks.

Mousasi/Storm should be entertaining. Ward/Rickels I expect a knockout and Hardy had a fun fight lst time.

Yeah i think they saw the overall reaction to bubba being a replacement and decided to axe the fight.

Fine by me....rather see Mcgeary fight someone relavent in the division.

The card overall isnt bad considering it lost the comain.

Gegard Mousasi vs. Alexander Shlemenko.....absolutely a hardcore fans dream seeing this battle.Everyone will enjoy this fight for sure.

David Rickels vs. Brennan Ward.......someone is going to bed!!!both guys bang to finish or be finished this will be a great fight.

Heather Hardy vs. Kristina Williams ........Hardys a credentialed boxer and in her debut she put on a Bonnar vs Griffin slobber knocker and should have better cardio and will put on a good scrap.

Neiman Gracie vs. Javier Torres........fight between two guys trying to climb the ranks and make an impression.Gracie has awkward standup and obviously a great ground game.Torres is well rounded good boxing and clinch work should be interesting.

Ana Julaton vs. Lisa Blaine......debut of Julaton who is another female boxer who transitions to MMA in Bellator.Personally i'm very intrigued to see how she fairs.

I know it's not star studded but I'm looking forward to it for sure.

I hate Bellator wmma

This card just turned into a real turd, but Rickels vs Ward and Moose vs Storm are the only fights worth watching

I've suffered through worse Bellator cards than this just to get to the main event/co-main.. Will watch regardless

Will watch the entire card just because Moose is fighting :D

Maybe McGoaty faked the injury to avoid the unstoppable force of nature known as Bubba McDaniel. Bubba might just run through the LHW and MW divisions until Urijah Hall gets kicked out of the UFC and comes to Bellator for the rematch we've all been waiting for.

Bubba out here dying for a fight cause he spent too much on training.

Bellator money playboy.

Back