LGBT rights lawyer sets himself on fire to protest usage of fossil fuels

This is Cultural Appropriation of an Asian tradition he should be ashamed of himself.

It's gonna take more than 1 guy on fire for me to stop heating my house. Maybe a couple thousand, but to be honest I'm not really sure. There is a number though, it's just not 1.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...awyer-commits-suicide-in-brooklyn-public-park

A prominent LGBT rights lawyer died after setting himself on fire in Brooklyn's Prospect Park on Saturday.

David Buckel, 60, killed himself after sending messages to multiple news outlets, including The New York Times, explaining his intention to set himself on fire to protest the world's usage of fossil fuels at the expense of the environment.

“Pollution ravages our planet, oozing inhabitability via air, soil, water and weather,” Buckel wrote the Times in an email. “Most humans on the planet now breathe air made unhealthy by fossil fuels, and many die early deaths as a result — my early death by fossil fuel reflects what we are doing to ourselves.”

“A life of privilege requires actions to balance the harm caused, and the greater the privilege, the greater the responsibility," Buckel added.

"For if one does not leave behind a world better for having lived in it, all that remains are selfish ends, sometimes wrapped in family or nation.

What the actual fuck. Why kill yourself over such a matter. Did he really think this idea would make people stop lol

Is it ironic that he doused himself in fossil fuels before he lit himself?

Some fuckin hillarious comments ITT.

However, regardless of your side of the political spectrum (fuck LGBTQZQ654QRWT activists and fuck him on his "family and nation" part, for example), you got to give your respect to someone who does a fucked up thing like that with himself. RIP.

Sorry you don't get the joke. I know it's a little over your head.

I know you're idea of humor is just a shit post calling someone a cuck or snowflake, since that is 99% of your posts.
There was a joke somewhere in that abortion of a post?

lol @ all the right wingers who were righteously indignant that I made fun of a guy getting a MAGA hat stolen, but are now ridiculing and making jokes about a guy who burned alive.

I am sorry my English is very bad so I have ask just clarify.

Are you saying that the Monks protest for religious/culture freedom is the more important issue.?
No, he’s saying the opposite.

I am sorry my English is very bad so I have ask just clarify.

Are you saying that the Monks protest for religious/culture freedom is the more important issue.?

Whoops, sorry for not responding. @Anung Un Rama is right. I was saying that it would be difficult to explain how the survival of the planet is any less important than the Monks' causes.

So basically, this guy's cause is greater than or equal to their cause, in my opinion.

i hope it was as quick as possible.
It's death by immolation....

The only other more excruciating/terrifying way to go is probably drowning..... In terms of "speed of death" burning is not fast I would imagine.

Fair enough though apparently he was well known within the field. If a top physicist was involved with some news story they might include that info in the headline.

Imagine if Neil De Grass Tyson burn himself to death because of Flat Earthers !

Back