Let's Talk Tech | Page 2

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by KILL KILL, Mar 7, 2017.

1. MandirigmaFit Blue Belt

MandirigmaFit
    I use Nutritics (for myself and my clients) and Polar or Wahoo (app and hardware) for any conditioning.

2. Muskie Blue Belt

Muskie
    I user JEFit and have for years. When I was biking I would use Cyclemeter which can also be used to track both running and walking distance traveled, elevation etc.

3. Kiwi Tricker Green Belt

Kiwi Tricker
    I use MapMyRun to track my runs for pace/distance/time.
    I use my Polar HR monitor for watching my heart rate.
    I use MyFitnessPal for tracking my nutrition.
    I occasionally pretend I'm going to log here again but then I never actually do.

4. Urban Savage Mystic

Urban
    FitNotes > pen and paper. It's the best workout tracking method I've used. Even if you're working off a separate spreadsheet for a specific program, fitnotes is still useful for tracking because eventually you'll swap out exercises or switch programs. I customized the exercise groups into things high pull variations, lower arm work, push press variations, high pull assistance, push press assistance, etc. This makes it easy to find to find variations I've done in the past but forgot about. You can input a routine into it so allows you to quickly select the exercises you're doing today. It's easy to export a workout to a secondary app then copy and paste it in your log here too. Lift history is easy to pull up. Haven't done dumbell bench in 6 months? once you add it to your workout, finding your previous workouts and PR's is as easy as clicking on the history or achievement tab for that lift.

it's super customizable. Create a routine or several (or dont and just select from the "all exercises" list each time), add custom exercises ("high pulls to neck height with reverse super mini bands" is an exercise on mine), set an autotimer, make notes on each set if you want, etc. It's a pretty awesome app, IMHO