Lets talk abt how Lil Nog is one of the most underrated fighters of all time

So happy to see him win yesterday.

Anyone that followed this sport for a minute knows how good lil nog was. He was legit the #1 LHW in the world in many ppl's eyes before he got shocked by sokoudjou. Wins over prime Reem(twice) prime Hendo, Prime Sakuraba(HOF) nakamura twice(who was underrated) Should have got the decision against Shogun when Shogun was #1 in the world....at that time, he was a beast. And that was the best era ever for LHW

Since being in the UFC he lost to top 5 level fighters only and shogun...who is one of the best ever.

Both him and his brother are real fighters. They aren't the best athletes, but they are true fighters to the core and have very good skills. Both those guys are legends in my books forever.

Well top 5 outside of the LHW division isn't saying much mate. LOL

The Luiz Cane KO was the first thing I sort of when I saw this thread, his hands looked so good in that fight.

rog-vs-cane-1.gif

rog-vs-cane-4.gif

Luiz Cane. I´ve never seen a fighter who made so many fighter look great, in fact made them look better than they actually were.

Luiz Cane. I´ve never seen a fighter who made so many fighter look great, in fact made them look better than they actually were.

His next fight was against K1 Vet Cyril Diabate.

At the time the bookies didn't seem to know much about MMA so they still had Diabate as a 5-1 underdog since it was his UFC debut so I stuck £50 on him for some easy money.

His next fight was against K1 Vet Cyril Diabate.

At the time the bookies didn't seem to know much about MMA so they still had Diabate as a 5-1 underdog since it was his UFC debut so I stuck £50 on him for some easy money.

If I remember correctly though, Diabate did get planted on his ass by Luiz Cane The Great, but he quickly got up and punched him out.

I was late getting onto the MMA train so didn’t really know much about pride, took a little look mainly because of rampage and i come across the nogs and was an instant fan

This is why I know you haven't followed the sport for a long time. Many thought he beat Shogun who everyone thought was the #1 LHW in the world. Especially after Wand lost to Arona.

So even tho he had that L in the record books against shogun, there were ppl out there that thought he was the #1 LHW in the world. Trust me, I was here and heard them loud and clear.

Homie, check our join dates. I watched that fight live. He lost to Shogun in a close fight. Shogun was never consensus number 1 until after he won the GP....even then many thought Chuck was. If you can show me any proof that large swaths of MMA fans called Rogerio number 1, I'll gladly eat crow.

+100

And getting Ko'd by rumble isn't something to be ashamed of. That's just a perfect example of a superior athlete in their prime going against a real fighter past his prime and he got caught by the speed.

AJ isn't a real fighter. He is a bully. AJ is a perfect example of someone who if he actually was a real fighter and had that mindset, he'd prolly be goat. He got by on speed and power.

Are you Brazilian or something?

It legitimately bothers me that we never saw him vs wand in pride

over shadowed by Big(ger) Bro.

that fight with Shogun in the GP 2005 was one of the best fights ever - regardless of promotion.

He is rated just fine. In his day, he was a guy who could compete with anyone, but never got to that level. And he had enough chances. It doesn't help that his bro was overrated though.

Nah...he just knocked him out and Nog rose from the dead and kept on going as indicated by last night. Rumble took a few losses and broke down mentally as always, ran from the sport.
And towards steroids

He is rated just fine. In his day, he was a guy who could compete with anyone, but never got to that level. And he had enough chances. It doesn't help that his bro was overrated though.
"It doesn't help that his bro was overrated though."

james3.gif

Back