Lets talk abt how Lil Nog is one of the most underrated fighters of all time

Kvolcom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So happy to see him win yesterday.

Anyone that followed this sport for a minute knows how good lil nog was. He was legit the #1 LHW in the world in many ppl's eyes before he got shocked by sokoudjou. Wins over prime Reem(twice) prime Hendo, Prime Sakuraba(HOF) nakamura twice(who was underrated) Should have got the decision against Shogun ..at that time, he was a beast. And that was the best era ever for LHW

Since being in the UFC he lost to top 5 level fighters only and shogun...who is one of the best ever.

Both him and his brother are real fighters. They aren't the best athletes, but they are true fighters to the core and have very good skills. Both those guys are legends in my books forever.

Last edited:
The Nogueira brothers are legends of the sport.

PC-MMA-Recap.jpg

Lil Nog was a great fighter in his prime, but was never considered the number 1 LHW at any point. Top 5, certainly.

I don't even put that guy on my top 10 lhw of all time, but I always was a fan of both Nog.
A Little Underrated no doubt tho.

I wouldn’t say underrated as much as nearly forgotten. Look at his run in Pride. He was amazing, but his brother got the most attention.

He’s great and largely overlooked. But your explanation is factually wrong and hyperbolic.

His wars with Shogun and Hendo are some of my favorite fights.

I was hyped when he KO'ed Alvey, reminded me of when he blasted Luiz Cane

Lil Nog was a great fighter in his prime, but was never considered the number 1 LHW at any point. Top 5, certainly.

This is why I know you haven't followed the sport for a long time. Many thought he beat Shogun who everyone thought was the #1 LHW in the world. Especially after Wand lost to Arona.

So even tho he had that L in the record books against shogun, there were ppl out there that thought he was the #1 LHW in the world. Trust me, I was here and heard them loud and clear.

This is why I know you haven't followed the sport for a long time. Many thought he beat Shogun who everyone thought was the #1 LHW in the world. Especially after Wand lost to Arona.

So even tho he had that L in the record books against shogun, there were ppl out there that thought he was the #1 LHW in the world. Trust me, I was here and heard them loud and clear.
I saw Lil Nog winning their first match in PRIDE, last one it was close enough to give it to any of them, crazy how at 42 he still manages to get a W, along with Hendo, Randy, DC, Yoel, Anderson... these are gifted men

His wars with Shogun and Hendo are some of my favorite fights.

I was hyped when he KO'ed Alvey, reminded me of when he blasted Luiz Cane

The Luiz Cane KO was the first thing I sort of when I saw this thread, his hands looked so good in that fight.

rog-vs-cane-1.gif

rog-vs-cane-4.gif

The Luiz Cane KO was the first thing I sort of when I saw this thread, his hands looked so good in that fight.

rog-vs-cane-1.gif

rog-vs-cane-4.gif

lots of ppl thought Cane was going to KO him too. Cane was knocking guys out and Soko Ko'd him, some other pride guys lost....they thought Cane was going to win

ya I remember

underrated boxing skills and is willing to stand in the pocket. Pretty sure he tried to go to the olympics for boxing for brazil. He's dangerous against anyone

I thought rumble killed him years ago

Nah...he just knocked him out and Nog rose from the dead and kept on going as indicated by last night. Rumble took a few losses and broke down mentally as always, ran from the sport.

Nah...he just knocked him out and Nog rose from the dead and kept on going as indicated by last night. Rumble took a few losses and broke down mentally as always, ran from the sport.

+100

And getting Ko'd by rumble isn't something to be ashamed of. That's just a perfect example of a superior athlete in their prime going against a real fighter past his prime and he got caught by the speed.

AJ isn't a real fighter. He is a bully. AJ is a perfect example of someone who if he actually was a real fighter and had that mindset, he'd prolly be goat. He got by on speed and power.

Last edited:
Didn't lil nog have near Olympic level boxing at one point? He was really good.

Back