Let's talk about Reyes: Does this guy have what it takes(GIFs)?

Obviously, why would he be digging them now? Hes still a prospect that needs time to grow. He is big and a very good athlete with explosive strikes. Like others mentioned his defense needs work but he's got time to grow and I expect he will.

Fair enough. Carry on.

at first i thought he just smelled like another oezdimir but then i learned he was almost drafted by the nfl.

you gotta be a crazy athlete to almost be drafted by the nfl which means this guy has a huge upside in mma.

He's got a lot of confidence and definitely got a lot of fight in him.

Very fan pleasing style in a weaker, ageing division could equal a good career for the guy.

One interesting thing about him is he placed 2nd in the IBJJF (blue belt division) a few years ago. Suggests he has at the very least a competent ground game.

His head sticks straight up in the air and his chin is definitely out there. But his offense is very impressive.

I would say he is one fight away from a title shot

<LikeReally5>{<huh}

Settle down. I know the division is thin but you JUST said you had to look the guy up on wikipedia lol. He's not close to a title shot yet. Should get a test like Villante or Corey Anderson next, then a top 10 like Manuwa, then we can talk about the top guys.

With the current LHW roster...He has a bright future. I don't know how good is his camp right now. He looks solid and has the killer instinct to finish fights so, UFC might consider him as their next LHW big thing somewhere down the line.

at first i thought he just smelled like another oezdimir but then i learned he was almost drafted by the nfl.

you gotta be a crazy athlete to almost be drafted by the nfl which means this guy has a huge upside in mma.

Smelled like another Volkan, that's an odd thing to say about a guy who has only lost in the UFC to the champ.

You know who else almost got drafted in the NFL? OSP, who Volkan beat lol.

Yes I'm an Oezdemir fan and perhaps a bit salty haha

<LikeReally5>{<huh}

Settle down. I know the division is thin but you JUST said you had to look the guy up on wikipedia lol. He's not close to a title shot yet. Should get a test like Villante or Corey Anderson next, then a top 10 like Manuwa, then we can talk about the top guys.

The guy is undefeated in the UFC and still unranked, not alot of young talent at the top Ilir Latifi is number 4, Glover 3, if the guy talked more smack he would get a title shot in 2 more fights. OSP, then he is in an Eliminator.

I had to look him up but Dominick Reyes on his Wiki , he played football, and was almost drafted to the NFL, hes only 28, nicknamed the devastator because of his kicks...he is very aggressive, undefeated, 8 finishes in 9 pro fights, well rounded with both Subs, and KOs, the guy seems like the real deal at LHW, I would say he is one fight away from a title shot, or just make another interim with him Vs. Gus- Heres a guy who didnt think he had what it took.
giphy.gif

Good find on this prospect.
how do you defend against that head kick? does anyone know? I have seen usman defend and block shots with the top part of his skull by driving it towards to the opponent's foot but that seems very dangerous for both fighters.

I’d never seen him fight before this past weekend, and I was really impressed. I thought Jared was gonna smash him.

Back