Let's talk about David Branch

Thesnake101

Think about it, it worth it.
@Gold
Reaction score
Guy looked great last night, got a surprising KO over a Thiago Santos that looked like a frightening striker to face. I think he should get a contender next, Chris Weidman perhaps?

Finally looked like the guy I thought he could be. I think the more comfortable he gets in the UFC, the worse it will be for other MW's.

MW is kinda shallow and David Branch is a well-rounded guy with a lot of skills and experience who could be a contender again with a couple wins. Santos has been looking good lately but he got starched here. Nice feint jab to overhand KO.

Weidman is a good matchup.

Branch will get smothered.

people were bashing rockhold for the first round he had against branch, but branch has gotten so much better. I'm actually happy for the guy to have this resurgence. and santos is a beast, so I was decently impressed

Looked at the rankings and other than Bisping who is trying to find the right retirement fight, every one else is booked except Brunson and Chris. To me, I think Weidman makes sense.

Guy looked great last night, got a surprising KO over a Thiago Santos that looked like a frightening striker to face. I think he should get a contender next, Chris Weidman perhaps?

He's a really good fighter, he never should have been cut all those years ago in the first place. I'm glad he's back. I expected him to beat Santos, but definitely not with a standing KO. I don't see him as a true contender, but he's definitely top 10-15.

Branch has a high fight IQ, good gameplanning and is very well rounded. I don't think he can beat the most elite guys but he's a legit top 5-10 fighter.

I actually think he got a little lucky last night.
Santos stand up is sick and branch a submission guy?

crazy in mma, anything can happen

He'd be in a real nice position if he would have done that to Rockhold

He should definitely get a top ten ranked guy next. So we can see where his ceiling is at.

I get what you mean, but I wouldn't exactly call it luck, because going in I felt Branch had more ways to win and would win. Yeah, he looked good starching Santos quickly at his own game, but if that hadn't worked out, I think Branch could have taken him down and dominated, maybe could have finished him on the ground. I was surprised that Santos was such a big favorite in that fight. Yeah, he's a good fighter, especially striker, with a lot of power, but Branch was higher ranked and had fought and beat better guys.

Also a credit to Branch, the guy has balls of steel.

Called out Rockhold to fight, and managed to get himself booked against Yoel before Yoel was moved to 221.

He really wants to test himself against the best of the best.

Which Jitz gym is Branch from? He may from the same circle as Wiedman although that be a good scrap

His boxing has been improving for a long, long time, even had some moments against Rockhold and finished Okami that way. Then again, those guys are mostly grapplers.

tumblr_nf5ctjAd8c1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Branch is the literal definition of a gatekeeper. He can weed out the over-hyped prospects but he has zero chance to ever win a belt in the UFC.

Which Jitz gym is Branch from? He may from the same circle as Wiedman although that be a good scrap
Renzo Gracie guy. Don't know how close Weidman is to those guys, but you may be right in that they may not fight each other.

Back