Let's play: Where are they now?

Where is Pat Smith? In jail for being a child rapist?

2iqdcol.jpg

Oh.....the MMA industry has welcomed him back.

Last edited:
Mark Schultz:

Gold medalist wrestler who fought on 1 days notice after his training partner got hurt. He proceeded to fuck up Gary Goodridge. He never fought again.

His brother was shot and killed in the famous "Foxcatcher" incident. He ended up having a movie made about him about him and his brother.

Last edited:
I've got a strange one. Do some of you remember Jason Godsey from way back in the day? He fought a lot in Pancrase and also fought in the UFC. He faced a lot of bigger name fighters for back then (Roy Nelson, Jeremy Horn, Pete Williams, Buentello, Wiuff, etc.).

20150102111129_godsey.JPG

Well he is no longer Jason Godsey. He got married to someone with the last name Wise. Apparently, they had some weird pagan wedding and mixed the last names. He is now Jason Godwise. Teaches in Hawaii:

Godwise_Jason.jpg

Jason Godwise hails from Indiana and is truly a "Renaissance Man." Jason's passion for the arts, academics, and athletics were evident in high school, having been president of the art and poetry clubs, captain of the football and wrestling teams, and in working in the school library. In college he wrestled, played football, and majored in Biology, Geology and Psychology while serving as president of Jujitsu, spelunking, and weight lifting clubs. As a school teacher Jason coached wrestling, football, track and started poetry, science, and ecology clubs. In 1995 Jason was awarded the Autobahn Award as Outstanding Science Teacher; in 2003 he won the $10,000 Lilly award for Teaching Excellence. He is experienced in the martial arts and has fought in bare knuckle matches around the world including the UFC, Vale Tudo of Brazil, and Japan. Jason has traveled extensively studying the forest ecology of America, New Zealand, Canada, Brazil, and Poland. Licensed to teach Math, Physics, Chemistry, Earth Science, Biology, English, Social Studies, Business, Vocational Technology, Health, Physical Education, and Special Education, Jason is also a licensed high school librarian. He believes people have potential they aren't even aware of and, with guidance, they can become amazing beings.

interesting read.

always wondered what happened to paulo thiago as i was super amazed that he was active in BOPE. does he still do that? i learned from his wiki page that after being cut by the UFC, he's still fighting in various promotions in brazil.

Amar Soluev https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amar_Suloev

20081030102740_suloev.JPG

I remember seeing him in that documentary about a tournament almost 20 years ago (I forgot what it was called but still have the vhs or dvd).I'm sure most long time fans remember him.He turned into a hitman and died from stomach cancer or something like that at just 40 years old.He didn't look great.

ksk.0.0.jpg

What's CM Punk doing now?

Last edited:
Amar Soluev https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amar_Suloev

20081030102740_suloev.JPG

I remember seeing him in that documentary about a tournament almost 20 years ago (I forgot what it was called but still have the vhs or dvd).I'm sure most long time fans remember him.He turned into a hitman and died from stomach cancer or something like that at just 40 years old.He didn't look great.

ksk.0.0.jpg

Surprised.. Always thought he was a no-nonsense dude...

amar suloev1.png amar suloev2.png

Who knows if he would have won but IMO he would have given Bendo a hell of a fight.

Yeah, dunno if he would of won but he woulda tried. He was definitely HUGE for the weight and was on a tear. Woulda been atleast a nice feather to have in your cap to say you went for the title then called it a career. God bless the guy, real shitty circumstances.

lasvegasandcaliforniajan31-feb10th2.jpg

The bald dude and the brunette in the back row are both B-movie celebrities in action films about cars and explosions, but did you know that about 10 years ago, they were both MMA champions?

Back