let's not forget - Kharitonov looked vintage

Sergei vs. Hunt next year.

head-banging-gif-17.gif

after the HW tourney they have 3 decent contenders who can get a title shot, Minakov, Kongo and Sergei i think is now back in the picture

Minakov gonna snatch the belt again and disappear for 3 more years.

Kharitonov looked more fit. I don't know if he looked vintage. I think the last time we saw that was his rematch with Overeem and that was 10 years ago. His striking was sharp, but Nelson also didn't look good.

Let him bang with Rampage. Give the fans a fun fight.

Also Crocop vs Sergei would be great if Sergei hasn’t an exclusive contract

i agree.
and any of them could save the main event if Fedor or Bader pulls out in last minute.
in last minute?? the goat refused to fight kongo when matt was ill (in the main event), and he prefer not fight these night. Then 6 months later he fought matt and loss <Prem973><Prem973>

I might be wrong but I think that loss against Javy motivated him. Things take time to improve when you are older so I think we're seeing the results now. Glad to see Sergei looking like a monster again.
that javy loss pisses me off. hope if javy beats mir they rematch.

sergei has quite the record. close to 30 wins and all by stoppage except 2. a true fighter

Fighting a heavybag has something to do with that. Roy Nelson is fucking horrible.

that javy loss pisses me off. hope if javy beats mir they rematch.

sergei has quite the record. close to 30 wins and all by stoppage except 2. a true fighter

That's right. Sergei is dangerous. Impressive record.

Let him bang with Rampage. Give the fans a fun fight.

Also Crocop vs Sergei would be great if Sergei hasn’t an exclusive contract
thats one rampage might actually lose when it comes to slugging. u always see every1 try to avoid brawling with him but i think sergei would slug it out and might stop him just like he did roy

No vintage by a long shot, but massively heavy and powerful and has good overall skills

He's like WW Rumble transformed to LHW Rumble but a smaller HW transformed into a massive one

Big Country is 40 years old and has taken insurmountable damage throughout his career and this guy knocking him out is supposed to be surprising? No man..

Big Country hasn't been the same fighter since getting finished by Hunt minus the Bigfoot ko and other than that it's been the emergence of "NCAA Nelson". He's done like a steak and it's really nothing surprising.

Glass half-full: Roy has arguably the best thin in the heavyweight division.

Glass half-empty: Roy has absorbed more bombs than thought humanly possible and survived, somewhat.

in last minute?? the goat refused to fight kongo when matt was ill (in the main event), and he prefer not fight these night. Then 6 months later he fought matt and loss <Prem973><Prem973>

blame Coker. it's his job to make fighters work. Fedor came for Mitrione and he was ready.

Will Papa Coker finally make my dream fight of Teddy vs Sergei a reality?

Will Papa Coker finally make my dream fight of Teddy vs Sergei a reality?

Why do you disrespect one of the most respectful fighters in the sport and arguably the MMA GOAT by calling him names (referring to him as Teddy)?

Hunt and Arlovski did. But your chin and durability decline after you take dozens of beatings like Roy has. There's no way he'd go a 3 full rounds vs. a prime JDS or Stipe now....he's still pretty tough but nothing like he used to be.
I dunno. Roy usually manages to cover up pretty well when he becomes a punching bag. I don´t remember him taking that many straight shots in row, blang, blang, blang.

Sergei looked great. good technical striking, nice knees and uppercuts.
Wish him the best and rooting for him always!

thats one rampage might actually lose when it comes to slugging. u always see every1 try to avoid brawling with him but i think sergei would slug it out and might stop him just like he did roy

Yeah I’d back Sergei to best Rampage in a brawl. Would be a win for the fans either way. Don’t thknk rampage remembers what a takedown is so would be a kickboxing match in a cage. Gotta favor Sergei.

Yeah I’d back Sergei to best Rampage in a brawl. Would be a win for the fans either way. Don’t thknk rampage remembers what a takedown is so would be a kickboxing match in a cage. Gotta favor Sergei.

I agree. I think Sergei takes this in a striking match.

Back