let's not forget - Kharitonov looked vintage

DDx2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
to be honest, after Beltran fight i was absolutely sure he was done. old, slow, fat (doesn't even bother to make HW limit) and unmotivated. it seemed like even his trademark power is no longer there. but last weekend i saw a shockingly different person. noticeably slimmer, moved well, showed great accuracy and power with both hands and perfect takedown defense. he still got it. i'm really glad you proved us haters wrong, Seryoga.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

what do you say guys? should we ride kharitonov hype train to 2019?

It was beautiful to watch, always been a fan, was hard to watch him get starched in seconds against Javy, I thought he might be done from then.

Good for him, now would be a fun time for a trilogy fight with Overeem if it were possible, or get Cro Cop in there

I might be wrong but I think that loss against Javy motivated him. Things take time to improve when you are older so I think we're seeing the results now. Glad to see Sergei looking like a monster again.

After him and Kongo both looking good again, I'd like to see them fight when Fedor/Bader fight, and have the winner challenge the tournament winner.

After him and Kongo both looking good again, I'd like to see them fight when Fedor/Bader fight, and have the winner challenge the tournament winner.
i agree.
and any of them could save the main event if Fedor or Bader pulls out in last minute.

The third man ever to KO/TKO Roy. Good fighter, entertaining to watch, we'll see what future holds for him.

Looks like a thread for noobs from noobs. Sergei had one loss in his last 12 fights. He had 5 wins since that loss.

I think it's the same casual fans who were revealing their own ignorance in the thread about Kharitonov vs Nelson. I'm waiting for them to start threads about Fedor potentially being a good fighter after seeing his loss to Werdum.

Would be a perfect co main event especially as it would guarantee at least 1 other fit and healthy HW on the card in the event that the tournament final falls out (as they often do)

I must have missed his Beltran fight.
I love Sergei.
I thought he looked out
Of shape very, very
Slow and old.

I enjoyed the fight but I wouldn’t say it’s vintsge Sergei.

I won't say he looked vintage Sergei.

He looked good against Roy but then again Roy hasn't looked very good in years and top strikers have always had there way with Roy.

after the HW tourney they have 3 decent contenders who can get a title shot, Minakov, Kongo and Sergei i think is now back in the picture

I must have missed his Beltran fight.
I love Sergei.
I thought he looked out
Of shape very, very
Slow and old.

I enjoyed the fight but I wouldn’t say it’s vintsge Sergei.

you could watch it. i'm sure it's on youtube.

I won't say he looked vintage Sergei.

He looked good against Roy but then again Roy hasn't looked very good in years and top strikers have always had there way with Roy.

well yeah, but who would have fought that Sergei is still a top given his last perfomances.

I remember first seeing him in Pride, thought he had the best boxing at HW at that time and that was over a decade ago.

Homey still got skills!!

<DCWhoa>

I've never seen anybody take Roy Nelson out like that. Those were brutal uppercuts and the knees were too.

I've never seen anybody take Roy Nelson out like that. Those were brutal uppercuts and the knees were too.

Hunt and Arlovski did. But your chin and durability decline after you take dozens of beatings like Roy has. There's no way he'd go a 3 full rounds vs. a prime JDS or Stipe now....he's still pretty tough but nothing like he used to be.

I wanna see him vs Fedor so we can finally get that fight we didn't see in Pride that Alex derailed

Last edited:
Sergei looked great. A fight against Kongo would be cool.

To be honest, Big Country had been looking way past it as well in recent times.

Stopping him is always nice feat though.

Big Country is 40 years old and has taken insurmountable damage throughout his career and this guy knocking him out is supposed to be surprising? No man..

Big Country hasn't been the same fighter since getting finished by Hunt minus the Bigfoot ko and other than that it's been the emergence of "NCAA Nelson". He's done like a steak and it's really nothing surprising.

Back