Let's Debate: Does Ward make it into HOF over Wlad Klitschko in 2022?

Cause he doesn't deserve it... though the hall probably has shittier ones im not willing to google.

I meant "Okay, sure. Why not" as in "Okay, this post now exists. Why not?" Not actually commenting on the content because I think you made a pretty big leap there and didn't clearly explain what you were trying to say.

Wlad, I think has a rather substantial claim. Both should, but for the sake of debate, Wlad ought to get a slight bump over Ward.

The man reigned over a division and fought everybody. It's not his fault people criticize his reign, and if people criticize his style, then why do other fighters get such accolades? They according to their mentality and physical build. Fair play.

It's worth mentioning that there have only been a couple of really good heavyweight eras: the 60's-70's and the 90's. Just because a heavyweight didn't compete in those times, doesn't mean he should be written off so easily.

Wlad belongs. He had staying power and dominated. He came back from big losses that would have quelled lesser men. He fought the toughest guys he could at their absolute peaks. Rocky Marciano retired rather than fight Patterson, but Wlad went right after Tyson Fury, and then - after an extended leave at an even older age - took on Anthony Joshua in one hell of a swansong.

Ward beat some legit names, but he was inconsistent. Froch, Kovalev, Dawson, Kessler, Abraham. Those are sturdy wins. I respect those for sure, but there are other criteria beyond quality of opponents (even though that is a really big deal).

Like I said, close, but I believe Wlad edges it slightly.

I meant "Okay, sure. Why not" as in "Okay, this post now exists. Why not?" Not actually commenting on the content because I think you made a pretty big leap there and didn't clearly explain what you were trying to say.
Idk what u didn't understand because it's clear as Joe Rogan's bald head in the sun light.
Nonetheless, i'll keep it there for whoever wants to be entertained by it, it's not worth explaining.

Idk what u didn't understand because it's clear as Joe Rogan's bald head in the sun light.
Nonetheless, i'll keep it there for whoever wants to be entertained by it, it's not worth explaining.

I don't think anyone here is mean enough to be entertained by borderline personality disorder.

It's 5 years from their retirement. Not last fight. Marquez will be part of this monster class.
If it's actually 5 years from retirement (and not last fight), then we have:

Ward, Marquez, Wlad, Shane, Hopkins, Uchiyama, Toney and Bradley retire officially for sure with RJJ, Chocolatito, Cotto, Ioka, Yamanaka and Shiming as maybes. (might be off on some of the dates). That's enough for several years.

It's quantity vs quality. Ward has the better wins and an 0, whereas Wlad has a fair bit more decent wins. If we are going to fault Ward for lulls in his career, it would just as appropriate to fault Wlad for the lulls where he was stopped by mediocre opposition and looked done as a fighter.

I don't think anyone here is mean enough to be entertained by borderline personality disorder.
the sudden random display of butthurt u just showed is mildly entertaining tho.

I'm just saying it's not that unlikely.

We're gonna pretend like HoF never had shittier spot fills than that? Like putting Zapata and Pintor out of nowhere last year, when there are so many better choices available in the past couple of decades.
Adamek is a cultural icon for polish pro boxers by now.

It's in the event name. but, like I said, let it go if u weren't able get it the first time.

I didn't mention anything about Adamek, and nothing I said should suggest I think he's going to be a hall of famer, let alone first ballot.

And Joe Rogans bald head is opaque, not clear.

Wlad should get in over Ward if it comes to that. I agree with what was posted above, RJJ fights again... unfortunately.

the sudden random display of butthurt u just showed is mildly entertaining tho.

I'm just saying it's not that unlikely.

We're gonna pretend like HoF never had shittier spot fills than that? Like putting Zapata and Pintor out of nowhere last year, when there are so many better choices available in the past couple of decades.
Adamek is a cultural icon for polish pro boxers by now.

It's in the event name. but, like I said, let it go if u weren't able get it the first time.
Woah there geronimo.

I have literally no idea what this is about having read the relevant posts a few times. Cliff notes appreciated and argue with the white belts, not shoemaker.

Woah there geronimo.

I have literally no idea what this is about having read the relevant posts a few times. Cliff notes appreciated and argue with the white belts, not shoemaker.
as far as I'm concerned shoe is white belt level in posting, and 5th grade in reading comprehension.

Woah there geronimo.

I'm still not sure. I honestly thought we were doing a bit at first. The best I can come up with is he thinks something I said can be translated to me thinking Adamek deserves to be in the hall of fame. He doesn't want to clarify though.

I'm going to say that Ward's self imposed exile will hurt him. Wlad was a dominant champ for a long time.

Back