Let's Debate: Does Ward make it into HOF over Wlad Klitschko in 2022?

cuban23

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
In 2017, Mayweather, Wlad and Ward announced their retirement. Also, there are rumors that Roy Jones Jr. will also announce his retirement. A fighter is eligible for the HOF on first ballot 5 years after their last fight. (Marquez will be inducted in 2019, so he's not part of this group).

With Mayweather, Wlad, Ward and RJJ potentially on the ballot, and only three fighters in the modern category are inducted every year, that leaves either Ward/ Klitschko as the odd man out.

Mayweather and RJJ are two locks, but the debate between Ward and Klitschko is an interesting one. Klitschko wasn't as good of a fighter as Ward was, he also suffered 5 losses, but he was more dominant for a much longer period of time and had a bigger impact globally than Ward had. Many of Klitschko's fights were massive events/sellouts and he participated In the biggest HW fights of his era. Despite his era not being the strongest in history.

Ward, as I mentioned, was a more complete boxer, undefeated two division world champion. But his career from 2012-2016 was a total waste imo. He only came onto the scene in 2011 when he beat Froch and won the Super Six. He also never participated in big events like Klitschko. The Kovalev fights both did around 125K ppv, and while they were good fights they were also controversial.

Personally I think Wlad deserves to make it over Ward.

What do you think?

They both get in, but it won't be necessary. Someone will fight again.

hmm between Floyd, RJJ, Wlad, Ward you would think Ward would be the odd man out no?

In terms of resume he is better than Klits, but Klits likely gets in before him if it comes down to the 2

Probably rjj unfortunately.

This.

As for Wlad vs Ward, since it is the Hall of Fame and not the Hall of Greatest records, I guess Wlad got it in the bag. Which isn't all that unfair.

This.

As for Wlad vs Ward, since it is the Hall of Fame and not the Hall of Greatest records, I guess Wlad got it in the bag. Which isn't all that unfair.

He's still in a ton of debt. I'd bet he's going to be the first high profile fighter with CTE. Either that or Shane

This.

I reckon if you polled boxing forums ward would get the nod. If you walked up to someone in the street over here and said who's Andre Ward nobody would know.

He's still in a ton of debt. I'd bet he's going to be the first high profile fighter with CTE. Either that or Shane
Maybe needs another rap album?

Seems likely to happen. The irony of it is that one would rather imagine a brawler get it, while these two guys were slick as fuck at some point. And LaMotta died at 95.

Ward is wise to quit now. So is Floyd, even if he lasted long. Slicksters don't age all that well.

Last edited:
Seems likely to happen. The irony of it is that one would rather imagine a brawler get it while these two guys were slick as fuck at some point.

Shane lives in Houston so unfortunately I have some first hand experience seeing him fade. He can't remember a lot things. Ironically he remembers the 1st Forrest fight and will tell you "I was hurt"

Shane lives in Houston so unfortunately I have some first hand experience seeing him fade. He can't remember a lot things. Ironically he remembers the 1st Forrest fight and will tell you "I was hurt"

Oh yes he was. That's sad to hear, actually. I hope he won't go Benitez.

Oh yes he was. That's sad to hear, actually. I hope he won't go Benitez.

He won't. There are a lot of people who look out for him. Jin is such a bum who has put unnecessary stress in his life (and I used to defend her on maxboxing)

It's really sad. He's about as bad as Vince Phillips

Lol. I think nobody deserves to suffer through another one of those

I don't see this phenomena ending any time sooner, we will get another broner or the like who create CTE infused pop rap songs with no flow.

who is, jones?

he still hasn't paid the IRS?

i don't understand how these guys end up owing so much, after being on top for so long.

Can you go more into detail? Like he doesn't know where he is? Or he doesn't know where he parked his car?

I think it's bad when you don't know things that are happening at the moment.

If you can't remember things from years ago, its acceptable.

Can you go more into detail? Like he doesn't know where he is? Or he doesn't know where he parked his car?

I think it's bad when you don't know things that are happening at the moment.

If you can't remember things from years ago, its acceptable.

He loses his thoughts mid sentence mostly is what I notice and has no idea how to reconcile them.

He loses his thoughts mid sentence mostly is what I notice and has no idea how to reconcile them.

That's messed up,.. but if he stays away from boxing, he can possibly regain ability.

Nonethless: Over 30 years of boxing, over 250 amateur fights and 60 pro fights. Plus he was one of the few who constantly boxed top competiton.

Seriously?

Debt from what? Damn shame...

I thought he was still fighting because he loved the sport...

hmm between Floyd, RJJ, Wlad, Ward you would think Ward would be the odd man out no?

In terms of resume he is better than Klits, but Klits likely gets in before him if it comes down to the 2
Came here to say the same.

Back