Let's box

Status
Not open for further replies.
The used heavy bag I got is already giving in, warping my shots. It's still good to have something to blast at but there is no resistance, or uneven resistance. I'm pondering whether it's better to stick to shadow boxing from now on, in case I develop bad technical (!) habits. The leaning business was fine. I have already starting to notice things prompted by the crappy bag that I usually never do

Last edited:
this is why most competitors avoid sherdog. Its filled with alot of young fake " i train UFC guys" keyboard warriors, and your occasional spacetime. What happened to everyone blocking this guy? its great to read for some laughs but it seems to have gotten really out of hand, yet at the same time he hasnt really done anything deserving to be banned or even carded.

I honestly thought this whole thing was a comedy sketch? He is being real?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Longer clip this time.

Pretty good for a self taught guy?

And I say self-taught because my first instructor didn't teach me SHIT. Most wasted money ever.

I am going to attempt to be nice here because if you got into a fight right now with that technique you'd get your brain scrambled.

1. Don't take your eye off your opponent.
2. You habitually drop your hand on every right straight you throw. That's not the end of the world for an advanced fighter, but you're not.
3. You don't get any leverage in the punch because your legs are so close together that it looks more like you're doing the twist than going for a punch.

You're trying to take your head off line, that's a bad idea because you haven't learned proper form to punch with your head ON line. If you don't learn with head online you won't learn the proper balance to throw the punch safely. The other problem is even though you're trying to take your head offline, your head is still on the same line, you're just facing in a different direction. So all you've done is turn away from your opponent so that hit you at an awful angle once they parry you're punch.

Try to fix those things then get back to us.

I am going to attempt to be nice here because if you got into a fight right now with that technique you'd get your brain scrambled.

1. Don't take your eye off your opponent.
2. You habitually drop your hand on every right straight you throw. That's not the end of the world for an advanced fighter, but you're not.
3. You don't get any leverage in the punch because your legs are so close together that it looks more like you're doing the twist than going for a punch.

You're trying to take your head off line, that's a bad idea because you haven't learned proper form to punch with your head ON line. If you don't learn with head online you won't learn the

My eye is not off the target here, nor are my legs too close together. And the head movement is normal for this technique.

Now in this clip, I am looking away from the target and my feet are too close together. But that's not how I spar. I am just drilling the rotational aspect.

But I do find it comical that anybody think sI would fight like that. I don't believe in autism fighting.

Then don't have it in training. If you train the 'rotational aspect' taking your eyes off the target you will do it in a fight.

Also you've got a habit of when hitting the back dropping the punch back to your side. It should be up by your jaw.

You need to go to a gym to sort this out, if you keep drilling it at home you'll develop more bad habits.

Then don't have it in training. If you train the 'rotational aspect' taking your eyes off the target you will do it in a fight.

Also you've got a habit of when hitting the back dropping the punch back to your side. It should be up by your jaw.

You need to go to a gym to sort this out, if you keep drilling it at home you'll develop more bad habits.

I don't think it applies here. But then again, I don't punch like this either in sparring

No excuses, your technique should be your technique regardless of whether you're sparring or throwing single punches for 5 second videos.

It's better in that video but your stance is a mess. You look as though if you landed that punch you would be pushed backwards by the opposing force.

But I do find it comical that anybody think sI would fight like that. I don't believe in autism fighting.

Its because all we have seen is at home training footage on a propped up bag. Aside from that you fight the way you train. Andy said it best when he told you to go to a proper coach so you dont pick up ANYMORE bad habits (say what you want but at this point dropping hands is habitual for you) if somthing happened to the new awesome boxing gym you found then at least get a mirror and subscribe to fighttips of something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back