Lets be real here.

Money509

A Level Poster
@Silver
Reaction score
DJ is going to stomp hiro or tim lol. I dont see how either lasts a round.

you also said hiro would get stomped if i recall o mystic one
saying DJ will stomp them is not exactly going out on a limb

I wouldn't be overtly surprised if Elliot caught DJ in a submission.

I just dont see how either will trouble DJ much. Especially tim, dude is a UFC gatekeeper in my opinion and was gifted a victory over shelton wich he didnt even deserve.

I just dont see how either will trouble DJ much. Especially tim, dude is a UFC gatekeeper in my opinion and was gifted a victory over shelton wich he didnt even deserve.
Elliott had Benavidez in some decent trouble. He can be pretty tricky.

I mean it is true that it's hard to see almost anyone beating DJ, but there's definitely opportunities for Elliott to win.

Last edited:
Elliott had Benavidez in considerable trouble. He can be pretty tricky.

I mean it is true that it's hard to see almost anyone beating DJ, but there's definitely opportunities for Elliott to win.

Elliot would be MM's easiest title defense since Cariaso. Hes not even a gatekeeper. He went 2-4 in his last run in the UFC. He would have a punchers chance and thats it.

Elliot would be MM's easiest title defense since Cariaso. Hes not even a gatekeeper. He went 2-4 in his last run in the UFC. He would have a punchers chance and thats it.

I can't argue to much but I stand by what I said. As a big fan of DJ, I'm as concerned over Elliot as I was for the Dodson rematch or Cejudo. I understand how irrational that sounds, but I feel Elliot's got a few things going for him that are going to give DJ a challenge, including a considerate size advantage. Hope not though.

Last edited:
Elliot is weird, unconventional and has an array of crazy submissions. He can give anyone trouble, but can be beat by anyone as well, which was seen in his UFC run. Elliot will not be a walk in the park for DJ, but I expect him to win nonetheless.

Hiro on the other hand will be no match for DJ. Hiro's striking is just not good enough to get close enough for a takedown.

While watching the 2nd round, i thought whats up with Tim's cardio..?...didn't look that good...
But then i remembered that was his 3rd weight cut in a short span and he is not a small FLW...and he also went crazy with chokes in the 1st.
And way that is a strong point to work on for his fight against DJ...if they fight...but it looks like it

Hiro...is winning rounds just by grappling...and that is a TD and lnp with like 2-3 attempted passes...
And that won't work against DJ...

Dana is right...about Tim...he comes in, looks like he doesn't have a gameplay at all and just goes where the fight takes him...and i like that about him...

I can't argue to much but I stand by what I said. As a big fan of DJ, I'm as concerned over Elliot as I was for the Dodson rematch or Cejudo. I understand how irrational that sounds, but I feel Elliot's got a few things going for him that are going to give DJ a challenge, including a considerate size advantage. Hope not though.

I was a little worried about Elliott iafter the first 2 fights, but after Shelton's fight I'm not anymore
He looked slow as fook and got tired in the first round. He will probably tool Hiromasa but MM will eat him for breakfast IMO

I'm also a big fan of MM, I was worried about Dodson 2 too, not at all about Benavidez lol

His four losses were to top 5 fighters and they were all competitive fights. That's better than a gatekeeper.

Tim Elliott is a very awkward fighter and he is pretty good everywhere and he is pretty big for the weight class. I think DJ will beat him, but it should be a good fight.

I don't think Hiro will be able to hold DJ down like he has with his TUF competition.

DJ will be huge favorite but theres a reason why they actual fight and dont go off paper.

These guys are all good - they will have a chance, albeit very very slim.

His four losses were to top 5 fighters and they were all competitive fights. That's better than a gatekeeper.

Being competitive in losses is still losing. He also lost to Makovsky who is currently ranked 7th and is nothing special. Hes the definition of a gate keeper. Who is Elliot's best win?

Being competitive in losses is still losing. He also lost to Makovsky who is currently ranked 7th and is nothing special. Hes the definition of a gate keeper. Who is Elliot's best win?
#14 Hiromasa Ogikubo

Makovsky is a lot like like Elliot. He's only lost to top 5 fighters and they were competitive fights.

Tim Elliott is a very awkward fighter and he is pretty good everywhere and he is pretty big for the weight class. I think DJ will beat him, but it should be a good fight.

I don't think Hiro will be able to hold DJ down like he has with his TUF competition.
exactly my thoughts! he's gonna pop antidepressants like paxil after such a fight :D

Last edited:
Back