Lets be real. A prime Anderson Silva would smack heads around in this day and age

Anderson Silva had the weakest competition at MW the UFC has ever seen. Guy fought Chris Leben to get his title shot and you're all delusional for thinking he'd last against the top tier we're seeing today. They are technically on another level than he is and it shows.

Rockhold certainly isn't. A KO loss to Bisping and getting pieced up by David Branch's boxing has shown than.

Yeah right. Weidman won every minute of every round against him. Taunting or not.

Pre USADA Weidman against a few years past his prime Anderson is not representative of a fight between prime Anderson and current gets dropped by welterweights Weidman.

This guy is still a middleweight tho

120_Chris_Weidman_vs_Kelvin_Gastelum.0.jpg
he KOd a near 40 year old Andy

Any version of Weidman takes a Prime AS down and smashes him. So does Rockhold. Probably Jacare and Romero too. Whitaker might even take him in a standup fight.

The UFC MW division was very weak during Anderson's reign. Prime Rich Franklin would barely be Top 10 today. Just like GSP back in the day, Anderson was just a big fish in a small pond.
What are you basing your assessment on?

There has never been a fanbase that understood less about MMA than Anderson SIlva fans.

Many of you just never got it....I appreciate the ones who finally did.

He was never that good. He was a brilliant counter striker, with not much else to note other than good cardio....He definitely would have never touched the title in days MW climate.

Not really. I'm not even a huge Anderson fan but a prime Anderson matches up very well with everyone in the MW top 10 today with the exception of Romero. This is just another example of this board's short memory.

Yes he fought some subpar guys. He also embarrased TRT Vitor and Dan Henderson, two absolute monsters.

Pre USADA Weidman against a few years past his prime Anderson is not representative of a fight between prime Anderson and current gets dropped by welterweights Weidman.

How many Anderson's and Weidman's do you think exist?

Honest question....

Look at how people talk about Silva who was caught with 2 felony level roids as opposed to Jon...double standards are insane from these sherdog beta males

Anderson Silva had the weakest competition at MW the UFC has ever seen. Guy fought Chris Leben to get his title shot and you're all delusional for thinking he'd last against the top tier we're seeing today. They are technically on another level than he is and it shows.

Not really. Romero would probably beat him but outside of that who does? I think Whitaker is the best at MW right now and Wonderboy showed what a creative striker can do to him. Rockhold has the worst boxing in the top 10 and a shoddy chin. Weidman gets dropped by welterweights now that USADA is here. Jacare is too flat footed and his chin has declined. Current Mousasi would have probably given him a run but he has since left. Drop prime Anderson in the MW division right now and he is fighting for the title if he doesn't run into Romero first.

Look at how people talk about Silva who was caught with 2 felony level roids as opposed to Jon...double standards are insane from these sherdog beta males

I treat all cheaters the same. Silva was a cheat like Jones and neither are in the GOAT discussion for me.

Not really. Romero would probably beat him but outside of that who does? I think Whitaker is the best at MW right now and Wonderboy showed what a creative striker can do to him. Rockhold has the worst boxing in the top 10 and a shoddy chin. Weidman gets dropped by welterweights now that USADA is here. Jacare is too flat footed and his chin has declined. Current Mousasi would have probably given him a run but he has since left. Drop prime Anderson in the MW division right now and he is fighting for the title if he doesn't run into Romero first.

Silva has won ONE out of his last FIVE fights and has been busted for steroids.

I treat all cheaters the same. Silva was a cheat like Jones and neither are in the GOAT discussion for me.
They both are #1 and #2, otherwise everyone would take roids and transform into Jon and Silva

Might have something to do with Jon getting caught with post steroid cycle anti-estrogen and blaming it on an ED pill then looking like shit in his comeback fight (while still showing tell-tale post steroid cycle hormone indicators) and then immediately popping for a legit steroid in his next fight. This isn't to mention popping for cocaine and the hit and run with the pregnant female. Sooooo Anderson popped once. Jon popped THREE times (counting cocaine) and had additional outside the cage issues.

Silva has won ONE out of his last FIVE fights and has been busted for steroids.

Yeah thanks genius this thread is about PRIME Anderson. Not current Anderson. Everyone knows he isn't top of the division at this point.

Might have something to do with Jon getting caught with post steroid cycle anti-estrogen and blaming it on an ED pill then looking like shit in his comeback fight (while still showing tell-tale post steroid cycle hormone indicators) and then immediately popping for a legit steroid in his next fight. This isn't to mention popping for cocaine and the hit and run with the pregnant female. Sooooo Anderson popped once. Jon popped THREE times (counting cocaine) and had additional outside the cage issues.
How did Jon look like shit v OSP? Being tentative v a short notice southpaw after a 15 month lay off = shit? Even though he took 0 damage to get ready for UFC 200 in 2 months and won 50-44? He looked as sharp as ever, just hesitant and rightfully so, Jon doesn't underestimate anyone, he's not a moron like Rockhold inside the octagon.

How many Anderson's and Weidman's do you think exist?

Honest question....

For the purpose of this discussion? Two. It would be one if people here had the requisite reading comprehension to see the OP said PRIME Anderson.

Back