Lets be real. A prime Anderson Silva would smack heads around in this day and age

A Silva-Jacare fight wouldn't be too different from his fights with Maia and Leites. Jacare has nothing for him on the feet.

Romero could smother him, but Silva had some of the best defensive guards in MMA, so it's impossible to know how a 4th and 5th round would unfold with a tired Romero.

I think Silva matches up well with Jacare.

Part of Anderson's problem is that there is so much tape on him and he is so high profile any opponent he fights has essentially a perfect understanding of his strengths and weaknesses. Makes it much easier to gameplan against him, and makes his style seem less impressive to some, because about 8 years of effort have gone into neutralizing him.

I think Silva matches up well with Jacare.

Part of Anderson's problem is that there is so much tape on him and he is so high profile any opponent he fights has essentially a perfect understanding of his strengths and weaknesses. Makes it much easier to gameplan against him, and makes his style seem less impressive to some, because about 8 years of effort have gone into neutralizing him.

Well, he was a "game-changer". The sport evolved around Silva to an extent, and now he's behind the new breed....and also older.

It's a
None of those fighters other than Bisping, and Whittaker has the gas tank to go 5 rounds with Silva. People are forgetting that Silva wasnt just a first, second round killer like Conor. Dude had the gas tank to go with it. These guys dont know about gas tank.

Bisping and Whittaker beats everyone on that list.

Silva would (has) beat Bisping and Whittaker
reason y bisping didn't fight yoel that gas tank doesn't mean shit when a guy like yoel tosses him then pounds on him even when yoel gas tank suck he still pulls through it isn't like bisping is a knockout artist lol the way u made it seem and Robert was fatigued in that 5th round against yoel

When he was in his prime he gives anyone in the division today problems for sure. After he got clipped by Weidman and KO'd and then snapped his leg completely in half, he hasn't looked the same. He still shows flashes of brilliance, but he's slower and a bit more tentative. Plus, his chin is not quite as solid as it once was, though it's not weak by any means.

He's still fun to watch and I would love to see him make a run at MW. I'm in the camp that believes that he only used PEDs to expedite his recovery after the leg injury, so I still consider him the MW Goat and one of the P4P best of all time. I do wish he would've just come out and said that's why he took PEDs instead of his ridiculous dick pills story. I think it was a big mistake making up BS stories.

Anderson Silva had the weakest competition at MW the UFC has ever seen. Guy fought Chris Leben to get his title shot and you're all delusional for thinking he'd last against the top tier we're seeing today. They are technically on another level than he is and it shows.

Prime Anderson most likely loses to usada via KO.

But the interesting thing is current Silva(vs Brunson) has better takedown defense than "prime" Silva(vs Lutter). His takedown defense was embarrassing and literally nonexistent back then. So would "prime" Silva do better or worse against an elite wrestler like Romero? Maybe current Silva has a better shot.
I think yoel can get a tko Anderson today just stands around even more but yoel is also a counter punchers then just goes in for the kill no one can stop an energized yoel takedown and he punches hard as shit silva has a nasty guard but when he fought a big guy like dc it was almost useless

Anderson Silva had the weakest competition at MW the UFC has ever seen. Guy fought Chris Leben to get his title shot and you're all delusional for thinking he'd last against the top tier we're seeing today. They are technically on another level than he is and it shows.

He made them look weak. Vitor put Rockhold to sleep....Andy beat Vitor. Hendo is as legit as they come...and so on.

Styles always make fights, different people match up different ways.

Remeber Cheal dominated him for 5 rounds and got stupid and fell into a sub

Could some of these others handle him the same way? Sure maybe

But we'll never know.

The only rematch I want to see anderson In now truthfully is against the theif if he ever gets out.

That would make for some interesting pre fight lead up
Hahahahaha

Anderson is very questionable p4p guy.
Way he lost some fights in Japan are not acceptable at all.

True. He's an old man now and I still feel like on a given day he could potentially beat anyone in the division.

There has never been a fanbase that understood less about MMA than Anderson SIlva fans.

Many of you just never got it....I appreciate the ones who finally did.

He was never that good. He was a brilliant counter striker, with not much else to note other than good cardio....He definitely would have never touched the title in days MW climate.

There has never been a fanbase that understood less about MMA than Anderson SIlva fans.

Many of you just never got it....I appreciate the ones who finally did.

He was never that good. He was a brilliant counter striker, with not much else to note other than good cardio....He definitely would have never touched the title in days MW climate.

With a great defensive guard, who also has legit submissions under his belt. I think you meant "Conor".

lol post USUDA weidman is a silly joke of man. And Silva would have beat him in the first fight had he stopped taunting.
Yeah right. Weidman won every minute of every round against him. Taunting or not.

I'm sure they are devastated.

I think the current MWs are far better than in Andersons heyday.

Bisping
Rockhold
Whittaker
Romero
Weidman
Jacare
Gastelum
Brunson
Machida
Branch
Hall

Those guys are better than most of those guys Anderson beat during his title run.

You could argue the likes of Franklin, Henderson and Belfort but I would argue Rockhold, Whittaker and Romero are better than anyone Anderson has ever fought.
Out of the 3 you stated Anderson would do well against all of them and would have the most trouble against Romero. Rockhold is a little chinny but has an amazing ground game so that is basically 50/50. Whittaker lost to Stephen Thompson guys, lets think about that before assuming he's the next world beater. Romero is tough to finish and conservative, doesn't take huge risks and explodes at random for takedowns, he would be the biggest tear by far.

Prime and nontesting ASilva is the best MW of all time

With a great defensive guard, who also has legit submissions under his belt. I think you meant "Conor".

He was pretty good defensively off his back....

Not a very good overall fighter, and was pretty much the most overrated fighter in UFC history...

He was pretty good defensively off his back....

Not a very good overall fighter, and was pretty much the most overrated fighter in UFC history...

....okay

because the "boxer-wrestlers" are what make MMA great.

Back