Lets be real. A prime Anderson Silva would smack heads around in this day and age

A prime non clowning around anderson would murk rockhold with ease. He would find that jaw at will. Its a shame anderson tainted his legacy by acting like a clown but it is what it is.

Any version of Weidman takes a Prime AS down and smashes him. So does Rockhold. Probably Jacare and Romero too. Whitaker might even take him in a standup fight.

The UFC MW division was very weak during Anderson's reign. Prime Rich Franklin would barely be Top 10 today. Just like GSP back in the day, Anderson was just a big fish in a small pond.

Ah where to start. Pre-USADA Weidman fought Silva way past his prime so lets not get crazy. Current Weidman got dropped and almost finished by a Welterweight in his last fight. Rockhold has no takedowns, none, and is in love with his standup despite being starched twice. Add to that a poor chin, and he would get KO'd by a prime Anderson. Rich is always underrated despite his showing against a still spry Dan Henderson. Silva embarrased him twice and it wasn't even a fight. He then did the same to Henderson.

Romero is a tough go for a prime Silva as he could without a doubt get it to the Canvas. Whitaker is my favorite but against a diverse striker like Silva it could look like his Wonderboy fight at Welterweight.

This guy is still a middleweight tho

120_Chris_Weidman_vs_Kelvin_Gastelum.0.jpg
He's taken more punishment in his last 4 fights than Andy has in his entire career.

Silva whoops him if they fight again.

Let's be real, Anderson got tapped out in his prime by 2 midget Japanese cans, one who had a losing record.

Weidman kills any version of that fraud

I only see jacare and Romero giving Anderson serious fits in his prime

This time next year you all will be scratching your heads when the MW Gold is back w Silva again...

USADA. Silva wouldn't do shit. He'd be suspended like Jones.

Prime Anderson Silva was too busy beating greats like Chris Leban, Travis Lutter, and Patrick Cote, etc.

Lol, what a fucking joke of a padded record <45>

Then proceed to read comments like MW is a weak division, full of guys that couldn't cut it at 205. You know, same thing we used to read during his reign.

*heyday

2007 Anderson would beat most of today's Middleweights easily. Whittaker would give him a tough fight but that's about it.

Truthfully, MMA hasn't evolved all that much since the mid 2000s. The only divisions that have gotten significantly better are 145 & below, simply because they've gotten more exposure since then. Fedor, Anderson, and GSP beat 99% of their respective 2017 divisions fairly easily.
I'm a big Whittaker nuthugger but I think prime Andy beats him. Whittaker can be beat by great strikers like Wonderboy.

The grappling heavy MW division of today would give him huge troubles. Rockhold, Weidman, Jacare, could grapple fuck him all day.

I don't think Jacare has the wrestling to close the distance with Silva without getting tagged hard.

Might be wrong. Prime Silva was a long time ago.

Back