Let's be honest: McGregor is not that good

StopDucking

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It seems the whole community, including Joe Rogan and his high buddies, is fully aware Edgar and dos Anjos would be nightmare matchups for McGregor and that it would be wiser for him to fight a lower ranked fighter in Nate Diaz instead. What kind of champion needs to be protected from both the number 1 contender and his LW counterpart?

If Aldo was still the champ, we would all be talking about how he'd make quick work of Frankie Edgar and his only challenge at LW being Khabib Nurmagomedov. But since we're stuck with a paper champ because the real champ didn't follow the gameplan, we have no choice but to sit there and watch him lose his next 3 fights and make the FW division look like a joke.

December 12, 2015 was one of the saddest days in MMA history, along with June 26, 2010 (Fedor vs. Werdum) and December 28, 2013 (Silva vs. Weidman II).

0/10

giphy.gif

Last edited:
That is basically what is said before every Conor fight. Everytime he proved people like you wrong. Chances are he will do that again.

Conor is legit. Get over it.

I'll excuse this nonsense for that nice thread you got in your signature, but I still do suggest you delete this trash you just posted.

Threads such as this remind me why I abandoned Sherdog a few years ago. Thank you TS, truly, thank you for reminding me as I was getting sentimental about the "good ole days" of good MMA dicussions.

Let's be honest: you kinda suck as a poster.

It seems the whole community, including Joe Rogan and his high buddies, is fully aware Edgar and dos Anjos would be nightmare matchups for McGregor and that it would be wiser for him to fight a lower ranked fighter in Nate Diaz instead. What kind of champion needs to be protected from both the number 1 contender and his LW counterpart?

If Aldo was still the champ, we would all be talking about how he'd make quick work of Frankie Edgar and his only challenge at LW being Khabib Nurmagomedov. But since we're stuck with a paper champ because the real champ didn't follow the gameplan, we have no choice but to sit there and watch him lose his next 3 fights and make the FW division look like a joke.

December 12, 2015 was one of the saddest days in MMA history, along with June 26, 2010 (Fedor vs. Werdum) and December 28, 2013 (Silva vs. Weidman II).
P7LE9ka.gif

So your agenda is reliving your childhood with the greatest-of-the-2000s, and you're going to try to convince us that Silva, Fedor and Aldo losing were bad things. K.

People said Conor couldn't beat Aldo. Then they said that Aldo ducking him and Conor having to fight Mendes was a nightmare for McGregor because Mendes would destroy him on the ground. Then when he beat Mendes they said Aldo would destroy him and take his fake belt from him. Powerpoint-like presentations were shown left and right in order to demonstrate just how far out of McGregor's league that Aldo was.

And then he unified the belts and set a record.

If I were Conor, I'd tell you and all of the other blind haters to keep it up, because it motivates him. Aldo wasn't defeated on December 12th. He was already a beaten man when he walked into the octagon.

Of course Edgar and RDA would be nightmare matches for Conor, they're two of the best fighters around. It's not really rocket science to say they'll be tough matches is it.

oh you again, give it a rest buddy it's not healthy for you

Conor is not the most technical fighter, nor the most complete fighter or the most athletic one. But he is ELITE, top of the game.

Realize that Fedor, Jon Jones and Anderson Silva also weren't the most technical, complete or athletic fighters in their respective divisions, yet they are/were by far the best.

Agreed TS!!! Connor gonna go out cherry picking for a ripe Diaz bro, I am also not talking about the talent one either (Nick). There will be some lame fake beef that Connor will come up with to fight Nate. If he fights Nate it is BULLCRAP. Connor needs to fight either RDA or Frankie, otherwise that crap he talked about wanting to take the LW title is all just talk.

I dont mind if he stays at FW to fight Frankie or even if he fights for the LW belt but if he fights Nate it is such a farce.

I agree with TS. Flash KO left me still wondering about this dude. If you look at him after that fight he was more surprised than joe but he kept it moving. I think conor is one dimensional and frankly, full of shit.

#sagebless

IF <-------Negates your entire fantasy.

The fact is Conor has not lost in 5 years, has fought 15 times since then and has pretty much done everything he said he would while breaking records and becoming filthy rich.

Lol paper champ.He demolished the paper champ who refused to show up in july.The guy has practically cleaned out the division and he has yet to even defend his belt offically.I count the aldo fight as his first defence cause aldo went a running.

Once frankie is done,there is no one worthy of challenging who hasnt already been beaten convincingly.

Back