Lets be honest, its complete b.s. strikers cant grab the cage to prevent the takedown

knees to downed opponents?...Khabib moves to side controle and Knees your head to the after life.
kicks to downed opponents ? Khabib postures up and stomps on your head into the outer core of the Earth

Khabibs low single is trash that should never exist in a fight. He would get the back of his head elbowed into oblivion with elbows.

Also out of all grapplers he benifits from the cage the most. His takedowns in open space are weak, he heavily relies on the cage for TDs. Nothing wrong with using whats availabe but you have to admit its kinda retarted to not allow a figher being pushed on the case by his opponent to grab the cage to help him get up

Remember when the new rules were implemented in Pride?

Thier beloved grappler got destroyed.

So grapplers can push us against the cage to establish position but we cant use the cage to prevent takedowns? Seems very biased towards the grappler right? Wrestlers are protected by that and lack of soccer kicks and knees to downed opponents imo.

Agreed! Fighters should also be able to pull the cage with one hand to increase the power of strikes with their other hand.

But but but I thought MMA was real fighting?

Fingers would be lost, and the guys aren't supposed to have weapons.

The reason why they don't let you grab the fence is simple.

Google degloving. Tv audiences will not want to see that.

Could you imagine Jon Jones with the ability to knee a downed opponent. If anything it protects people from the high level wrestlers

I really don't think people realize how much damage wrestlers could do if they had the ability to deliver a knee to the head once they got an opponent down.

The sport actually favors strikers, the rule is alright.

There shouldn't be any rounds, it greatly favors strikers.

Good idea bro and while we are at it, I always thought it was bullshit why you can't bring weapons with you... that is a skill too, maybe someone knows how to shoot really well at close range.. of course only 2 bullets per round - we are civilized.

Maybe a samurai sword, a simple knife...

I'm getting so amped, this gonna be so much fun

I always thought it'd be best if there was no cage or ropes. Some type of open ring

The cage benefits the striker more IMO. Without it people would be taken down much more often.

Do you know what happens when a wrestler takes a guy down and knees him? Or stands up out of guard and starts kicking him in the face, stomping on his head when he's gone limp? I dont see how the things you said are rules that favor wrestlers at all.

Back