Lets be honest, its complete b.s. strikers cant grab the cage to prevent the takedown

I mean... All of these fights would turn out different if strikers could elbow the back of the head/spine of grapplers.

But nobody really wants to see that.

No one is stopping a striker for upper cutting or kneeing an incoming wrestler, no one is stopping the striker having better BJJ then the wrestler, stop making excuses.
What excuses?

I guess critical thinking isn't your strength since you cant fathom the fact that the fence is an outside obstruction that shouldn't affect or influence the fight.

but that's exactly what it does, and towards whose favor? Who does it benefit? Only the wrestlers

So yea there goes your weak ass argument lol.

Is the fence a martial art? Is it a skill?

Lol at spinning it in a way to distract from the fact

I agree a bit but fair wrestling is Khabib at his natural weight class where extreme weight cuts aren't involved against Woodley

So grapplers can push us against the cage to establish position but we cant use the cage to prevent takedowns? Seems very biased towards the grappler right? Wrestlers are protected by that and lack of soccer kicks and knees to downed opponents imo.
tenor.gif

Yeah.. so strikers are the only ones who would soccer kick and knee a downed opponent?

So grapplers can push us against the cage to establish position but we cant use the cage to prevent takedowns? Seems very biased towards the grappler right? Wrestlers are protected by that and lack of soccer kicks and knees to downed opponents imo.

Then why can't grapplers grab the cage to keep the striker against the cage?

And more importantly, what constitutes a striker or wrestler? Would GSP be allowed to grab the cage for TDD even though he has amazing TDD with no wrestling pedigree? Or Jones?

What about BJJ based fighters with shit TDs? Can they grab the cage to keep the opponent pinned against the cage? They have no wrestling background so it would only be fair. Should they just get better TDs as grapplers? Why don't the strikers just get better TDD?

No one is stopping a striker for upper cutting or kneeing an incoming wrestler, no one is stopping the striker having better BJJ then the wrestler, stop making excuses.
If you try to uppercut or knee a shooting wrestler you will give up position if you can't KO in one hit. Being able to sprawl and/or elbow the head or soccer kick and knee the downed opponent punishes for missed takedowns. A 1 dimensional wrestler has almost no risk to shoot continuous TDs vs a 1 dimensional striker

The fact that you cant throw kicks and knees to a downed opponent is so limitant for strikers.... the guy puts one hand on the floor and it is automatically a foul.... should be a foul to put the hands on the floor without other purpose than causing your opponent to make a unconcious foul, like in the last sergei kharitonov fight.

Re: Blond's post

Yeah but the grappler favoured cage rules are basically the same as that right now.
A wrestler sits on top of a striker while the strikers self defence mechanisms have been stripped away from them such as a 12-6 elbow in takedown defence. It's a glorified college wrestling. A glorified citizens arrest while people make out it's pure MMA.

Honestly sitting on top of people is pre/high school level fights and the cage should be removed to prevent it. Strikers are unfairly disadvantaged in the rules. Fair enough sitting on top if you've knocked them down but not just get them to the cage and hug them for 5 rounds like Khabib. Also Khabib does a jab v Barboza and Laquinta but would get starched off Woodley so him partaking in striking v those cherries still means nothing.

the rules force strikers to play a college wrestling ballgame, weighted in the grapplers favour, that isn't entertaining. While all their tools such as an elbow in takedown defence and knee from bottom side control have been stripped away.
Are you saying that utilizing top position after scoring a TD is not real fighting? I also don't see how removing a cage addresses that point, if that's what it is. If your complaint was about wall and stall i'd agree, otherwise this doesn't make sense to me.

Also khabib doesn't really lay and pray, he hurts people and that's definitely real fighting.

Agree on 6-12 elbows, but i doubt that a knee from the bottom of side control is a real weapon. I've only seen it work in Mayorga's MMA fight, but he hit the dude in the spine, which should be illegal

Cage makes it easier for strikers actually. Try getting up from the bottom in a ring. IT actually requires learning BJJ. Cage is much easier to get up and defend takedown. The only thing that sucks about it is the wall n stall hugging.

Overeem talked about how the ring is advantageous for strikers and he prefers it. It's easier to cut people off using the corners. Mirko talked about how he couldnt adjust for that reason. So much space. Probably a lot of varying opinions on it.

You can push a guy against the cage and punch him, right?

It's complete bullshit you can't defend from your back with kicks/knees/certain elbows to the head. It'd level the playing field more and drastically improve the quality of fighting.

MMA is designed for non-Asian martial art styles to succeed.
Meh. To me its about grapplers succeeding. Nothing more. Posted this earlier

Your telling me if you were in a street fight and someone put you in a triangle you wouldn’t stick your thumb in their eye?

Or (if you were in the right position) get out of it then kick them in the head? Or if they pulled guard, give them a nice headbutt? Please

I have no idea why anyone would want to watch mma for the striking. It sucks. Mma is designed for grapplers to be competitive

Meh. To me its about grapplers succeeding. Nothing more. Posted this earlier

Your telling me if you were in a street fight and someone put you in a triangle you wouldn’t stick your thumb in their eye?

Or (if you were in the right position) get out of it then kick them in the head? Or if they pulled guard, give them a nice headbutt? Please

I have no idea why anyone would want to watch mma for the striking. It sucks. Mma is designed for grapplers to be competitive
Grappling is boring, but I respect it.

knees to downed opponents?...Khabib moves to side controle and Knees your head to the after life.
kicks to downed opponents ? Khabib postures up and stomps on your head into the outer core of the Earth

You couldn't grab the ropes in PRIDE either...

Back