Let's be honest here: If Khabib is really the beast he claims to be

Call out some guy who’s 1-1 in his last 2 and was SLAPPED around by Iaquinta???

<DisgustingHHH>
<DisgustingHHH>
<DisgustingHHH>
<DisgustingHHH>
<DisgustingHHH>
<DisgustingHHH>
<DisgustingHHH>

Sherdog, where if you won your last fight and you talk crap you deserve a title fight. Everything before that is irrelevant.

You're assuming that Khabib will choose his next opponent. He won't. He may voice have an opinion but he will fight whoever the ufc puts in front of him.

If not Conor then probably Porier. Kevin Lee is on a one fight win streak. A win that he didn't make weight for

LOL!!!!!! This guy just said Khabib is a better overall striker then Kevin Lee. O god thats terrible

Ironic considering you have the shadface as you avi and Lee just provided the next MMA meme against someone Khabib was never in trouble against.

He already said he will fight anyone the UFC wants him to fight.

Too bad he's taking another 7 months off, though. I don't really even get it. If Ramadan ends mid-June, shouldn't he be ready to fight in September or late August even, and still put a full camp in. Or are his camps over 4 months long?

Ironic considering you have the shadface as you avi and Lee just provided the next MMA meme against someone Khabib was never in trouble against.
I dont think you know what ironic means buddy

I dont think you know what ironic means buddy

Pointing out that someone with an avi showing one embarrising situation makes a comment that ignores a very recent similar situation? sounds like irony to me.

Lee is for sure his toughest fight outside of Ferg/maybe Conor.
I really don't see Lee being a hard matchup for him. Tony has got a good offensive guard and Conor has far superior stand up skills. Lee has got good wrestling but I doubt that's enough for Khabib.

Khabib is not Conor. He does choose opponents to get favorable match ups, nor will he duck anyone, so try not to act like this is who he is. Unlike Conor, Khabib is real champion who will defend against #1 contender without question. He's not calling out anyone and does not need money fights. Khabib wants hardest fights to prove he's the best.

I didn’t catch your fight with Barboza but I caught theirs. Lee almost got KTFO, Khabib didn’t.
O ok so khabib won means hes a better striker. I agree his kicks are more deadly then Barbosas and if lee fights him Khabib will put him out with that same kick edson rocked him with. Did you know conor is a better wrestler then Mendes? Also Colby Covington has better jiu jitsu then Demian maia too.

he'll call out Kevin Lee next.

If he's scared and happy with stat-padding, he will go with Poirier or Alvarez.

Tony is out for a while, so that obviously can't happen next.

Conor is a very big money fight. Plus he doesn't like Conor. So I can understand why he'd go for that easy fight and will give him a pass on that.

Besides that, if he chooses to fight anyone but Conor or Lee next, it's confirmed he's a chicken too.
If he calls out Lee, then I'll eat my words and admit he is the guy he claims to be, even if Lee beats him.
Well as long as you don't think he's a chicken, I'm sure that's what's important to him.

Pointing out that someone with an avi showing one embarrising situation makes a comment that ignores a very recent similar situation? sounds like irony to me.
You must be lost in this world. Khabibs striking is nowhere near on par with Kevin lees. Theres no respectable discussion to be had about that. Grappling barbosa doesnt make you a good striker. The fact that lee got rocked is completely irrelevant. If khabib fought 5 rounds standing against edson his head would fly into the stands.

khabib vs lee is a really interesting matchup.

Conor is a very big money fight. Plus he doesn't like Conor. So I can understand why he'd go for that easy fight and will give him a pass on that.

Besides that, if he chooses to fight anyone but Conor or Lee next, it's confirmed he's a chicken too.
If he calls out Lee, then I'll eat my words and admit he is the guy he claims to be, even if Lee beats him.

That is retarded

Lee is very good but the idea that he is a lot better than someone like Poirier or Alvarez is currently an opinion.

O ok so khabib won means hes a better striker. I agree his kicks are more deadly then Barbosas and if lee fights him Khabib will put him out with that same kick edson rocked him with. Did you know conor is a better wrestler then Mendes? Also Colby Covington has better jiu jitsu then Demian maia too.

You just claimed "better overall striker" though, Khabib outboxed Barboza and raging Al and I think he definitely has potential to beat Lee in that fashion as well.

That someone like Joe Rogan knows little or nothing about boxing to the degree he falls back to "low hands = bad boxing" doesn't make for a great argument.

You must be lost in this world. Khabibs striking is nowhere near on par with Kevin lees. Theres no respectable discussion to be had about that. Grappling barbosa doesnt make you a good striker. The fact that lee got rocked is completely irrelevant. If khabib fought 5 rounds standing against edson his head would fly into the stands.

Lee fought 5 rounds standing vs Barboza? seemed to me he was after the takedown ASAP, Khabib did actually spend a decent amount of time standing vs Barboza and clearly outboxed him when he did so just as he outboxed Al.

Would I say Khabib is a world class striker? no but a lot of the rubbishing of his abilities there comes from people who don't have a clue what there talking about and fall back to "low hands, chin out = bad striking".

Last edited:

Why should the champ be calling people out? That’s not really how it works when you get to the top. Others should call you out and In an ideal world you fight them based on whose next in line for a title shot based on achievements.

so the champ should call out fighters who are all ranked lower than him? Is that really how you think things work? Should other fighters not be calling him out as they want the title shot?

Back