Let's be honest about Eddie's last fight..

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Although he did win, he was really getting also getting destroyed. I was more surprised that his foe crumbled than him winning! I wasn't really impressed by his performance, were you?

He only picked apart and finished a top 5 fighter who was 18-0 and arguably the toughest guy in mma, why would anyone be impressed by that?

He won all rounds, was ahead since first minute, not sure wtf are you talking about. Definitely wasn't him the one that was being destroyed.

He was in control the whole fight, and he figured Gaethje out at about the 2 minute mark of the first round.

He immediately recognized that Gaethje was open for uppercuts and front kicks.

He only picked apart and finished a top 5 fighter who was 18-0 and arguably the toughest guy in mma, why would anyone be impressed by that?

Amen. Eddie is a blessing to MMA.

Love him or hate him that fight was fucking

8rWSPVW.gif

All the god damn way.

Outside of the leg kicks he was controlling the fight. His kick defense has been poor for some time now.

The Justin Fight was ok but Edgy can hang with the elite his boxing may be the best at 155 I love Tony but he would give Tony fits with his hands, movement in the pocket, Tony obvi will try to use his jab and cardio to win

It was a good win for Eddie. You're reaching.

That said Gaethje needs to clean up his game. Back to the drawing board with the marching forward chin high gunslinger mentality. Use what's left of your brain.

Yes I was impressed. Alvarez is easy to damage but hard to finish. He is and always will be better than RDA who is top 5 at WW.

He became one of ny favs after his last fight. Gaethje isn't no slouch either.

Although he did win, he was really getting also getting destroyed. I was more surprised that his foe crumbled than him winning! I wasn't really impressed by his performance, were you?

The early body shots he put on Gaethje showed great game planning and execution.

Alvarez had an amazing fight, just wished that's the same fighter that fought McGregor

He pissed me off because if he had fought like that against McGregor he probably would have won and we wouldn't be talking about McGregor holding anything other than his cocaine drug money

He pissed me off because if he had fought like that against McGregor he probably would have won and we wouldn't be talking about McGregor holding anything other than his cocaine drug money
His boxing looked as good as it's looked in the UFC, head movement, body shots ... but let's be honest, Justin and Conor are very different fighters. Justin just goes forward, eats shots and just covers up. Not sure Eddie on his best night beats conor on the feet.

The McGregor embarrassed him, I need to see him fight Tony Ferguson, Khabib or even Kevin Lee to be impressed by anything he does. He fought a one dimensional fighter, with little fight IQ and won. Big deal.

Gaethje made him look good. Beating a senseless brawler isnt a big deal. Alvarez loses to khabib,ferguson and conor easily.

How about giving some credit to Gaethje?

Justin's leg kicks were brutal. He is also tough as nails, hits hard and keeps coming forward no matter what you hit him with like something out of a horror movie.

Eddie did get pulled into a brawl which I credit to Gaethje's pre fight mental warfare "let's see who it the most violent fighter in the UFC".... it would have been smarter and better for his long term health to TRY to fight more selectively but Justin applies a lot of pressure which makes that easier said then done.

It was a hell of a Scrap. I enjoyed it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back