Let's all be honest: Trump's "wall" is a colossal waste of money

Wall or barrier, doesn't matter what shape it takes, as long as what is put in place stems the flow. The supporters can say that not building a Wall costs more.

Walls seems to work in Israel though. And currently Pakistan and Afghanistan are building barriers to stem the flow of various militant groups.

I am not 1 of these guys who wants to stop Mestizos and Amerindians from coming here, but I have to admit that if the US really wanted to stem the flow, it can do so with some sort of barrier system. It's not impractical as supporters of illegals paint it as.

israel has a comparably small wall. very manageable. though, its done nothing to solve their overall problems. one could argue its made them worse.

im ok with a barrier system. a multibillion dollar wall near depresses me. we've had a net-out migration from central america the past several years anyway. wtf.

The people crossing the border are the poorest of the poor and the lowest of the low. At least the overstayers made an effort to enter legally.

Overstaying visas, is the norm for foreigners who come here by plane or ship. They are forced to come here legally because of their geographical location.

Overstaying visas, is the norm for foreigners who come here by plane or ship. They are forced to come here legally because of their geographical location.
not all illegals are from Mexico.

when I was deployed to the southern border in 2006/2007, we caught a lot of Romanians, Chinese, and other South Americans trying to cross the border into US.

the non-Mexican illegals are the easiest to catch because they voluntarily turn themselves in. They knew we can't put them in a bus and send them back to Mexico (like with the Mexicans) immediately after they get caught due to geographical reason. They would get an NTA (Notice To Appear, but we jokingly call it Notice To Neverappear) and we cut them lose in America. They are taking advantage of this loop hole.

Last edited:
not all illegals are from Mexico.

when I was deployed to the southern border in 2006/2007, we caught a lot of Romanians, Chinese, and other South Americans trying to cross the border into US.

the non-Mexican illegals are the easiest to catch because they voluntarily turn themselves in. They knew we can't put them in a bus and send them back to Mexico (like with the Mexicans) immediately after they get caught due to geographical reason. They would get an NTA (Notice To Appear, but we jokingly call it Notice To Neverappear) and we cut them lose in America. They are taking advantage of this loop hole.

Why are they (the Chinese, Romanians, Arabs, Indians, other Asians etc..) not taken into custody and put on a flight out? Seems very very stupid to just release them. Charge their respective countries for the cost of airfare, if the countries are relatively powerful. Decrease the number of visas issues to the countries, if they don't pay or take their nations back. Put pressure on Mexico to better vet the foreigners coming there.

Seems to me that the US has a lot of strong cards it can play, but intentionally chooses not to.

Why are they (the Chinese, Romanians, Arabs, Indians, other Asians etc..) not taken into custody and put on a flight out? Seems very very stupid to just release them. Charge their respective countries for the cost of airfare, if the countries are relatively powerful. Decrease the number of visas issues to the countries, if they don't pay or take their nations back. Put pressure on Mexico to better vet the foreigners coming there.

Seems to me that the US has a lot of strong cards it can play, but intentionally chooses not to.
because we have to put the non-Mexicans in ICE detention facilities waiting for their flights. Their flights could be weeks from the time they were apprehended by BP. ICE detention facilities at that time were overcrowded with limited bed space.

But that was over 10 years ago and I'm sure it changed a lot since then.

Berlin wall worked pretty well. I understand the difference in keeping people in a communist nation vs. preventing someone from entering the USA.

Another problem is other western states having to endure liberal migration from California.

A proverbial wall is all I want. More people, More technology to prevent drug smuggling, human trafficking and people looking to illegally enter.

Liberals like to think the border is only crossed by families of four who are in search of a better life... lulz.

Trafficed Humans and drugs cross that border on the regular. Even through the check points.

While we pay them.
You probably not going to have anyone join the NG if u do that. NG is a temporary solution, not a permanent solution. Those guys have careers outside of NG.

I was in the NG for 10 years.

You probably not going to have anyone join the NG if u do that. NG is a temporary solution, not a permanent solution. Those guys have careers outside of NG.

Perhaps we can have illegals join the National Guard and do the jobs that National Guardsmen are unwilling to do.

Joining the guard is voluntary. If you won't guard the border, maybe you should be mowing your lawn.

Perhaps we can have illegals join the National Guard and do the jobs that National Guardsmen are unwilling to do.

You should tweet this to Trump, I don't know why anyone hasn't thought of this yet !!!!!

You should tweet this to Trump, I don't know why anyone hasn't thought of this yet !!!!!
Mostly because it takes a low IQ, a twisted sense of humor, and the ability to tweet. I have two out of the three. (I can put my gum back in my mouth now that I'm done typing.)

A Wall will be accompanied by other security measures, such as: guard towers every so often, CCTV, sensors, routine patrol by Border Patrol.

I ran some numbers and having a minimum wage earner sitting every 100 along the full border would be cheaper than the 20billion quoted. Let alone the benefit from the number of jobs created.

Walls didnt work in the Middle ages when people didnt have technology, why would they work now?

Walls worked incredibly well... It's the reason all strongholds had walls. I'm not sure what you were thinking with this post.

Back