LETO vs. LEDGER. Why Heath's Joker was so special

Ledgers joker is GOAT but I was still impressed by Leto's joker and I thought he did pretty good.

The guy narrating the video completely missed the mark in regards to Ledger's Joker and his interactions with Batman. He was never supposed to bring out a particular "trait" that pays off for Batman. Being merciful didn't benefit Batman or Gotham in any way. The Joker won, essentially. Joker tore the city apart knowing his only threat would never kill him. His reign of terror will forever continue because Batman will never cross that boundary. It stayed in theme of Batman never becoming the villain. Dent proved himself a weaker man by succumbing to the loss he experienced. The love of his life was gone as was half his face. Being righteous never did anything for him. Dent lived long enough to see himself become the villain. Batman avoided crossing that line.

It was a moral victory for Batman while Joker proved why he's Bat's greatest foe. His lack of boundaries combined with his genius intellect proved to almost be too much for Bruce Wayne.

Havnt seen the movie yet...but Snyder stating that this joker didn't used to be robin took some of the new shine off

Imo Ledger captured the exact mix of genius and instability the joker has in the comics and animated series.

People don't follow him because they WANT to, they follow him because he's very smart, and dangerous, and unpredictable.

Everyone goes into a partnership thinking fine, I'll work with this crazy fucker just this once, because I need his help and we have the same goal.

And that's where they fuck up. The joker only cares about chaos, his own personal enjoyment, and hurting batman. He doesn't do friendship or loyalty or even single logical business transactions.

You're always in danger because you can't guess what his real goals are, and you can't try to analyze him because he doesn't use conventional logic
I love Ledger's performance but I don't find it very canon.

For those who have seen SQ, should I wait until they come out with the original / updated release? From the reviews it seems like they messed it up by trying to make it funny after the film had been made and ended up with a muddle of a film.

Havnt seen the movie yet...but Snyder stating that this joker didn't used to be robin took some of the new shine off

Maybe he said that to kill the rumours from spreading and it is in fact going to be the Robin. One can only hope.

I feel history will see The Dark Knight as the messy overrated piece of shit it is

And will utterly forget Suicide Squad

Probably wrong thread for this, but is anyone else kinda bored of the whole "superhero" genre?

It feels like the same movie every time.

Average Joe gets into some kind of accident which changes him in some way and gives him special powers > average joe usually has a love interest that he has been chasing > some villain appears who wants to take over the world > average joe defeats villain and girls falls in love with him ...

Change the name "Batman" for "Daredevil" or "Spider-Man"

Don't mean to sound like a Negatron, but I just can't get into these films.

I really enjoyed ledgers joker but I also enjoyed letos.

Ieto had a kind of "mob boss" mentatlity rather then disorganized terrorist that I enjoyed and I would like to see his joker in a Batman movie. The lambo was kinda dumb though.

Probably wrong thread for this, but is anyone else kinda bored of the whole "superhero" genre?

Average Joe gets into some kind of accident which changes him in some way and gives him special powers > average joe usually has a love interest that he has been chasing > some villain appears who wants to take over the world > average joe defeats villain and girls falls in love with him ...

I hate origin stories as much as the next guy which is why Dredd was such a great introduction to the characer and universe. Anyway the only origin story that resonated with me was Man of Steel, Snyder limited the superhero origin story tropes and actually had a badass antagonist in Zod (most origin stories have lame big baddies, looking at you Deadpool).

Agree with the guy above that said TDK is overrated, once the Joker arc concludes it meander's around and hobbles to the finish line.

I love Ledger's performance but I don't find it very canon.

I agree with this, hence the end of one of my 1st posts in this thread. Ledger took a known -almost set in stone character as far as how most viewed him- and set new boundaries with it and.. was loved for it.

That's not easy to do. Especially in the comic world where cultish fanatics will always have built in pre conceived notions concerning what a certain character should be and behave like going into any project that involves said character they're familiar with. In this case, very familiar with.

Anyway the only origin story that resonated with me was Man of Steel

That movie took a lot of heat but but some of the imagery was pretty epic. One of my favorite scenes from any super hero movie was young Clark pushing the bus out of the water, the music was absolutely perfect.

I really enjoyed that film.

Yeah.

That's called "Leadership".

Tito Ortiz got some Brett Favre leadership for ya right here brah.

tito-ortiz-nude-photo-leaked.jpg

Watched TDK again the other night. Having not seen it in a while, I figured I'd watch it to see just how good Ledger's Joker was. Having watched it, I can say this.

Suicide Squad had the potential for greatness, but was instead reduced to the Hot Topics version of the Avengers. The Bohemian Rhapsody trailer is actually better than the whole movie.

My personal opinion is that:

1. Joker should have been the main villain or not in the film at all. All they did was cut and paste away Leto's performance. Give Leto a full movie (with a competent director) against Bats and I bet people change their minds a bit (Ledger is forever the GOAT Joker). Nolan should have sent Ayer some notes.

2. Let Leto bang. Make it R rated and let Leto take Joker to the dark place. It worked for Deadpool, and I'm sure it would work for Leto's version of the Joker. An R rated Batman might make for the GOAT super hero movie. Especially if they did a version of Killing Joke or A Death In The Family.

Not bored with the superhero genre but I'm definitely bored with fucking Batman. I've seen the movies in the 90s, the animated series and Nolan's movies. Enough with this bastard.

I'm especially tired of the Joker. Hard to believe in a city as corrupt as Gotham, a cop wouldn't have put a bullet in the Joker's head by now.

Haven't seen Suicide squad yet but Heaths Joker couldn't hold Nicholson's joker fucking jockstrap. I recently watch dark knight again and Nicholson's joker had far more range.
jP6N1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back