Let me show you what the top 5 should look like at 55

At this point :
Conor
Khabib
Tony
Barboza (at this point-today)

anything after this is subjective.

We're talking 155, not 2 welterweights fighting at 170 (lol- one of them had gotten whooped by every top 155er)
True but had Nates only fight at LW been Eddie for the belt there is a great chance he’d be champ too.

True but had Nates only fight at LW been Eddie for the belt there is a great chance he’d be champ too.

I disagree. I think Nate fighting Conor at 170 is just one of those things where size, style, length- hell- alot of things fall into his favor. This is why Conor is almost a 3-1 favorite over Nate AT 155.Think about it.Conor was embarrassed in 1st fight and looked ordinary in 2nd fight (where odds were close)......yet, they make him a 3-1 favorite at lightweight. That's what we call an invitation to bet Nate Diaz and people will oblige......and lose.

White belts shouldn’t be able to start threads.

1) Kabib Nurmagomedov
2) Justin Gaethje (I know, but you'll see)
3) Nate Diaz/Conor McGregor
5)Tony Ferguson

You're welcome. ;)

Who is Kebob and what are his best three wins and when?

No, it should be:

1) Ferguson (rightful champion)
2) Khabib (impressive record, no losses, but inactive)
3) McGregor (still the "champ" but inactive)
4) Lee (great skills, very active, lately only losing to the #1 LW interim champ)
5) Gaethje (impressive debut, we'll see how good he really is)
6) Alvarez (former champ, but not very impressive in his last wins/losses)
7) Barboza (good win streak going, more active than Diaz)
8) Diaz (not active at LW since 2015, last two fights were at 170lbs)

Fighting frequently needs to happen. Diaz deserves his 6-10 ranking, since he won't fight. If Conor won't fight Ferguson, he should move to #5 while everyone else moves up a spot.

I agree with this list. Although within 2 years Kevin Lee will be the guy to beat at LW should he stay there.

No, it should be:

1) Ferguson (rightful champion)
2) Khabib (impressive record, no losses, but inactive)
3) McGregor (still the "champ" but inactive)
4) Lee (great skills, very active, lately only losing to the #1 LW interim champ)
5) Gaethje (impressive debut, we'll see how good he really is)
6) Alvarez (former champ, but not very impressive in his last wins/losses)
7) Barboza (good win streak going, more active than Diaz)
8) Diaz (not active at LW since 2015, last two fights were at 170lbs)

Fighting frequently needs to happen. Diaz deserves his 6-10 ranking, since he won't fight. If Conor won't fight Ferguson, he should move to #5 while everyone else moves up a spot.

If fighting frequently needs to happen, Khabib is out of the top 5.

1) Kabib Nurmagomedov
5)Tony Ferguson

You're welcome. ;)
Unconventional.

I'm ready to buy the Gaethje hype for now, but I'd love to see them build up the kid a bit more carefully.

I'm not sure about Ferguson vs Nate/Conor here, tbh. I think Ferguson beats them both.

At this point :
Conor
Khabib
Tony
Barboza (at this point-today)

anything after this is subjective.

We're talking 155, not 2 welterweights fighting at 170 (lol- one of them had gotten whooped by every top 155er)
Talking of subjective, who did Khabib beat to get above Tony?

Conor above Ferguson and Khabib?

<{nope}>

Absolutely at this point.

I love the Eagle and Fergo but at this point with what each fighter currently brings to the table I think the Champ is above them. But not by much.

So I dont really begrudge or completely disagree with you man.

Top three in this Division is pretty interchangable.

Conor McGregor/Tony Ferguson
Nate Diaz
Kabib Nurmagomedov
Eddie Alvarez
Justin Gaethje

this is how it should ideally play out:

Nate vs Conor to set up the trilogy
Tony vs Khabib because it should have already happened
Eddie vs Gaethje to determine the next contender
Winner of Nate vs Conor to fight the winner of Tony vs Khabib to unify the belts
Winner of Eddie vs Gaethje gets the next shot at the unified belt.
LW is a mess though. Who knows how it will play out.

Khabib is so damn overrated it's not even funny. People talk about hypetrains here all the time while worshipping a guy who has never fought a top opponent (RDA was a fringe top 5 then) in his life and has missed weight two times. Khabib should be ranked 5 at best.

1) Kabib Nurmagomedov
5)Tony Ferguson

You're welcome. ;)
Not bad but Nate isn't top 5. Yeah he beat Conor cos styles make fights but I wouldn't even put him ahead of Barboza, Alvarez, Pettis...shit even Poirier could beat him (I know I know he lost to MJ who lost to Nate). Shit even Dariush could beat Nate.

"Let me show you" ... followed by the inability to make a decision. Great stuff

Talking of subjective, who did Khabib beat to get above Tony?
I'm just saying besides being undefeated and in his UFC fights- the way he has beaten people up ,I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt....along with the people he trains with.
I respect the opinion of anyone putting Tony over khabib......hell- one of about 5 fights that if I was given the chance to make , it'd be one of em.

Back