Let fighters wear wrestler or boxing shoes

You can't have footwear in a sport where kicking is allowed, you idiot.

200.gif

tumblr_nc3hh2MEMY1tpt5dko1_250.gif

Or, the UFC can hire someone to clean up the puddles of water in between the fights and in between rounds.

I still think the genesis of Stipe's loss to Struve was him getting clipped after slipping on water.

You can't have footwear in a sport where kicking is allowed, you idiot.

Savate?

Honestly I can't remember shoes ever causing problems when they were allowed to be worn in MMA. I think it should never have been prohibited. Then again I also favor the old ZST rules regarding gloves, so I might just be crazy.

How can anyone bash footwear but defend gloves? Beyond me.

How can anyone bash footwear but defend gloves? Beyond me.

Breaking your hands all the time is a lot worse than slipping on the canvas every once in a while.

Wrestling shoes would make things more difficult for the person wearing them.

Breaking your hands all the time is a lot worse than slipping on the canvas every once in a while.

Also breaking your toes happens in mma. The exact same principles apply to both. Gloves allow more damage and worse technique without repercussions. Same applies to thin shoes and the benefits are similar too.

If Palhares was still in the UFC then that bitch would be ending careers with this rule.

less slipping, more ripping. The fact fighters cannot wear shoes for grip is ridiculous. They've got gloves for their hands, but no thin shoes for their feet? Stupid.
Calf muscles prevent slipping and corners can dry of feet

Gi's, wrestling shoes, boxing shoes, Aoki compression shorts...I want it all back.

Also breaking your toes happens in mma. The exact same principles apply to both. Gloves allow more damage and worse technique without repercussions. Same applies to thin shoes and the benefits are similar too.

Yep. Landing a kick with your foot sucks, too.

Breaking your toes doesn't happen as often. Also more power in a kick is generated if you land with the shin obviously.

Breaking your toes doesn't happen as often. Also more power in a kick is generated if you land with the shin obviously.

True but that also means that gloves are more dangerous than footwear as you don't even use your foot to kick most times. So they should be allowed if gloves are.

True but that also means that gloves are more dangerous than footwear as you don't even use your foot to kick most times. So they should be allowed if gloves are.

I think it comes down to barefoot just looking better for the audience. The less equipment the better. Exception when it comes to gloves because they make it look less barbaric.

Back